Shoulder holsters..
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Shoulder holsters..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default Shoulder holsters..

I am looking for a good quality shoulder holster for this winter. I want something that will last. Any suggestions or experiences with this type of holster?

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #2

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoot91 View Post
I am looking for a good quality shoulder holster for this winter. I want something that will last. Any suggestions or experiences with this type of holster?
I've had real good luck with Galco-
Google it & check them out

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 10-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

+1 for Galco.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #4

Liked 1793 Times on 999 Posts
Likes Given: 1175

Dont waste your $35 on unkle mikes. They are totally uncomfortable.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #5

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I have a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster that lasted two deployments although I only used it while we were in the wire.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 10-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies, I'm running into an issue though. I have a Px4 storm, and cannot find a Galco for my model.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 10-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

First off for what gun are you looking for a shoulder Rig for.? I by passed the Galco rigs & went with a Bodyguard Rig from Alessi Leather for my 1911's. spent about $180.00 + shp on it. But it's the best $$$$ that Iv'e ever spent on any leather rig. So check out their web site, & if you call them up ask to speak to Tom he is the MGR. that took over the operation after the passing of Lou Alessi. I think you will love their work & the comfort of their shoulder rig. Good luck & keep us posted on your decision etc.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #8

Liked 477 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Try DeSantis for a shoulder holster. I use a Safariland for my Glock, but have been using this one for 25 years with no issues.The holster is lined and protects the gun's finish as you can see and even detaches and can be used on a belt. I and my son have several of their holsters and are completely satisfied.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:48 AM   #9

Alright here is an update. I just ordered a DeSantis Patriot, found one on ebay for sixty dollars that comes with a dual mag holder also. Even though it may not be all leather, I figure for the price it is worth a shot.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:10 AM   #10

Liked 477 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 228

You won't be sorry with it. For the price you can't go wrong and the nylon will hold up very well and protect your weapon. DeSantis holsters are very well made and selection was a nice choice. Best of luck with it.