Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Shoulder holster for Ruger SR9C

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,634
Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Default Shoulder holster for Ruger SR9C

I am surprised to find that the selection of shoulder holsters for the SR9C is pretty limited, at least what I've found.

My rig of choice I think would be the Galco Classic Lite if they only made it for the pistol.

Anyone have any suggestions for low profile shoulder rig for the SR9C? Tactical ballistic nylon need not apply.



__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 09-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Longrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sarasota,Fl
Posts: 192
Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

I am looking for 1 for my gen 4 glock 22. Let me know what you find, IM coming up empty finding something I like.



__________________
Longrange is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

The only help I can offer is that we have members that make custom holsters. Might be the way to go.

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,121
Liked 1973 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Default

Shoulder holsters seem to have lost a lot of favor because they are not the fastest or easiest to conceal except in jacket weather. Maybe it's all global warming and George Bush's fault

__________________
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,634
Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Shoulder holsters seem to have lost a lot of favor because they are not the fastest or easiest to conceal except in jacket weather. Maybe it's all global warming and George Bush's fault
Jacket weather is just around the corner.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,121
Liked 1973 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Jacket weather is just around the corner.
Not in Florida/South east Georgia. I usually am still mowing the lawn til Thanksgiving. But I suppose for other parts of the country that is true.

I only like a shoulder holster for driving or when back packing. They are easier to draw when you are in a vehicle. Other than that on the hip inside or outside the waistband tends to be the fastest for me.
__________________
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #7
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,634
Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Not in Florida/South east Georgia. I usually am still mowing the lawn til Thanksgiving. But I suppose for other parts of the country that is true.

I only like a shoulder holster for driving or when back packing. They are easier to draw when you are in a vehicle. Other than that on the hip inside or outside the waistband tends to be the fastest for me.
I've always said the best thing about going to college in Jacksonville was grilling on the patio in shorts while talking to mom and dad back home in 6" of snow.


__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a conceal holster for my SR9c, and a regular holster m260gt Firearm Accessories & Gear 13 07-03-2013 02:53 AM
Ccw holster for ruger sr9c Jamesmay Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 13 02-27-2012 05:20 PM
Ruger SR9c holster jmdc Firearm Accessories & Gear 1 02-19-2012 08:24 PM
Ruger sr9c OWB holster 11Handicap Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 1 01-26-2012 02:50 AM
Shoulder Holster wreck1819 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 18 07-04-2011 09:38 PM