Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Shoulder Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Shoulder Holster

I've been looking for a shoulder holster for a Ruger GP-100, 6" barrel. A lot of holster makers list Ruger Blackhawk & Redhawk holsters, but none say GP-100. I know the GP-100 is a later version Redhawk design, but medium frame whereas the Redhawk is / was a large frame. Am I correct in this, or will a Redhawk holster fit the GP-100?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Any holster for a S&W K or L frame will also fit the GP100. I assume you're looking for a vertical holster? Take a look at the Bianchi X15 and the Triple K Challenger vertical shoulder holsters. They're kind of old school, but they both work well and they're priced very reasonably.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Galco VHS shoulder holster has the 6-inch GP100 as a fit option on the website. It is not inexpensive, but Galco is a quality manufacturer and their gear holds up.

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 08-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Let me google that for you

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello