Shoulder Holster
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Shoulder Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shoulder Holster

So I've been looking around for a shoulder holster to CC my Springfield GI but haven't found many that would work since I'm too skinny for most horizontals. Do any of you have any suggestions on some that are not to expensive.
Oh and does anybody know what brand this one is it looks like it might work, but i couldn't find a name...

jackass.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It looks like a Galco to me.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 06-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck1819 View Post
So I've been looking around for a shoulder holster to CC my Springfield GI but haven't found many that would work since I'm too skinny for most horizontals. Do any of you have any suggestions on some that are not to expensive.
Oh and does anybody know what brand this one is it looks like it might work, but i couldn't find a name...
That does look like a Galco (they used to call it the Miami Vice special years ago). I dislike shoulder holsters, because I find them too slow to deploy. Most of the horizontals will be sweeping everyone behind you with the muzzle of your gun as you move around all day (does not bother many but it makes me uneasy). That one looks like the muzzle would carry pointing into your armpit so I would pass on that completely.

Leather shoulder rigs are expensive by nature. Uncle Mikes makes a nylon one for not a lot of money ($50). Maybe it'll work for you.
Uncle Mike's - Sidekick Cross-Harness Shoulder Holsters

Old 06-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2137 Times on 1160 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Some good thoughts about shoulder holsters.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #5

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Or a Jackass rig maybe?

I've learned the hard way with holsters that you get what you pay for. If you want a shoulder holster, I'd urge you to save a little and not skimp.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:15 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2555 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 1285

Wreck

It is a Galco! I have one identical to it! It is a good rig!
Olympus is also correct. Jackass also made a rig that also looks the same.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Jackass became Galco. I forget if the company sold or if the owner just changed the name. That is a Galco Miami Classic. Don't buy an Uncle Mikes.

Last edited by freefall; 06-24-2011 at 03:19 AM. Reason: addendum

Old 06-25-2011, 04:10 AM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I CC a Galco shoulder rig when I can (winter cloths). Get the tie downs (ties the holster to the belt). Otherwise you will not be able draw the pistol with one hand. Uncle mikes holsters are exactly what you pay for, lots of movement/shifting, one holster fits too many. On a budget I expect it would work sort of.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used to have a shoulder rig for a Browning High Power. I think it was an Uncle Mikes, but don't sharply remember.
Unlike the one you show, mine had a belt loop on the holster that anchored it.
All in all, I found it very fast to deploy the weapon. Faster than any of my belt style CCW holsters.
It has to work for you. Your dress style, your climate. Can't be wearing some bulky jacket in the summer heat.
I have always used neatsfoot oil on my leather as well. Makes it very pliable and conforming.
YMMV

Old 06-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #10

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I've got a DeSantis shoulder rig for my 2.5" Model 66 and it's okay, I just wish it came with belt stabilizers as it tends to slide over on the heavy side.