Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Shoulder Holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/shoulder-holster-44266/)

wreck1819 06-23-2011 11:12 PM

Shoulder Holster

1 Attachment(s)
So I've been looking around for a shoulder holster to CC my Springfield GI but haven't found many that would work since I'm too skinny for most horizontals. Do any of you have any suggestions on some that are not to expensive.
Oh and does anybody know what brand this one is it looks like it might work, but i couldn't find a name...

hogrider 06-23-2011 11:28 PM

It looks like a Galco to me.

Wambli 06-23-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreck1819 (Post 528278)
So I've been looking around for a shoulder holster to CC my Springfield GI but haven't found many that would work since I'm too skinny for most horizontals. Do any of you have any suggestions on some that are not to expensive.
Oh and does anybody know what brand this one is it looks like it might work, but i couldn't find a name...

That does look like a Galco (they used to call it the Miami Vice special years ago). I dislike shoulder holsters, because I find them too slow to deploy. Most of the horizontals will be sweeping everyone behind you with the muzzle of your gun as you move around all day (does not bother many but it makes me uneasy). That one looks like the muzzle would carry pointing into your armpit so I would pass on that completely.

Leather shoulder rigs are expensive by nature. Uncle Mikes makes a nylon one for not a lot of money ($50). Maybe it'll work for you.
Uncle Mike's - Sidekick Cross-Harness Shoulder Holsters

ScottA 06-24-2011 12:04 AM

Some good thoughts about shoulder holsters.

Olympus 06-24-2011 01:01 AM

Or a Jackass rig maybe?

I've learned the hard way with holsters that you get what you pay for. If you want a shoulder holster, I'd urge you to save a little and not skimp.

Sniper03 06-24-2011 01:15 AM

Wreck

It is a Galco! I have one identical to it! It is a good rig!
Olympus is also correct. Jackass also made a rig that also looks the same.

freefall 06-24-2011 03:17 AM

Jackass became Galco. I forget if the company sold or if the owner just changed the name. That is a Galco Miami Classic. Don't buy an Uncle Mikes.

WDB 06-25-2011 04:10 AM

I CC a Galco shoulder rig when I can (winter cloths). Get the tie downs (ties the holster to the belt). Otherwise you will not be able draw the pistol with one hand. Uncle mikes holsters are exactly what you pay for, lots of movement/shifting, one holster fits too many. On a budget I expect it would work sort of.

Sonnypie 06-25-2011 03:30 PM

I used to have a shoulder rig for a Browning High Power. I think it was an Uncle Mikes, but don't sharply remember.
Unlike the one you show, mine had a belt loop on the holster that anchored it.
All in all, I found it very fast to deploy the weapon. Faster than any of my belt style CCW holsters.
It has to work for you. Your dress style, your climate. Can't be wearing some bulky jacket in the summer heat.
I have always used neatsfoot oil on my leather as well. Makes it very pliable and conforming.
YMMV

Olympus 06-25-2011 03:36 PM

I've got a DeSantis shoulder rig for my 2.5" Model 66 and it's okay, I just wish it came with belt stabilizers as it tends to slide over on the heavy side.