Which Shoulder Holster? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Which Shoulder Holster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
I still like this one, and they build it for the Colt Commander

A similar rig used to be called The Jackass Holster, but this is very nice, the gun is well balanced by the extra mag case and it won't slide much at all

Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's a nice set up, but like I said, I need a vertical holster.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I like the Original Jackass Leather horizontal rig, it has a thumb break that completely blocks the hammer from making contact, it's pretty much the same thing as the Galco Miami Classic. If your pistol is too long to hang horizontal on your torso, just lower the butt and angle the muzzle up past your armpit. I really think that's more the way these things were meant to be carried, about 3/4 upside down. PM me, I'll write you tediously boring instructions on how to make one CA, after your sheath project it won't be too tough. You'll have to buy a snap setter though, then you're almost in business.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll buy this rather than make it. Although it's an interesting idea. Then again, I have to think about that, it would be a hell of a project.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-31-2010, 06:07 PM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Same as previous post but in vertical. I find the tie-downs are necessary if you do a lot of physical activity. If you are short in the torso the tied-downs probably won't work though.

vertical.jpg  
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 12-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm leaning towards the Galco VHS pretty much at this point. I still have plenty of time, so I can go slow on this.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
That's a nice set up, but like I said, I need a vertical holster.
The Bianchi you mentioned has a Spring Loaded feature that I really like, but as someone else pointed out, the elastic strap can really get old, after having it saw your shoulder all day long.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Good to know Bill, thanks.