Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Should my friend get a CCW?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I may be mistaken, but I think Zimmerman was tested after he shot the Martin punk.
I thought so too, but was not 100% so I didn't say anything.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #12

Liked 211 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Smoke a joint or drink a beer or two is not what you want to do while CC'n. Tell your buddy its time to grow up and stop smokeing if he wants to cc. Sents he asked you , do you want him armed and high??? Asking here should not have been required of him or you to answer this question. Sounds much more like common sence.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1153 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 1722

Doin' the pot sorta shows he doesn't have the common sense nor self discipline to make good choices. It makes it appear that he chooses what feels good at the moment over what is best for the long run. He'd best not be that way while carrying a gun. He's got to be able to deal with people who insult or irritate him without reacting in an irrational way.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #14

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

It's better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
Ok so my buddy asjed me what I thought about him getting a CCW or CHL as they are called here in Texas. He asked becuse he occassionaly smokes weed. This is not an every day thing, ir every week thing he says, but it happens monthly. Now his concern is if he gets a CHL and ever has to defend himself, will this get him in trouble? I told him well on applications to buy guns it asks if your addicted too or dependant on drugs or alcohol. My CHL application asked the same thing, addicted or dependant on drugs or alcohol. I told him if its in your system its going to be a headache either way, but they can prove your " addicted or dependant ". Being a CHL holder you take on alot more responsibility, Texas requires an 8-10 hour class. So IMO having a CHL and a dirty system is aloy worse then just a dirty syatem - in the event yoi have to defend yourself. Thoughts?
A toke or more will stay in your system for six weeks. Besides why bother smoking weed and being concern with getting a CCW?
One's reflexes will be slower than molasses if an emergency would ever rise. He'd be done for before he knew what hit him. My opinion.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1153 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 1722

If he wants to get a CCW, he needs to be sure he gets and stays squeaky clean. Because in case of a shooting, he should be prepared to be examined with a fine tooth comb by the police, the D.A., and the shootee's family lawyer who would please like to find an excuse to grab everything he owns and everything he can earn for the rest of his life. A lot depends upon where he is, the local attitude toward guns, the local laws, and the circumstances of the shooting. But he should never take a chance of being caught with his pants down. Like a frequent poster on the forum has in every post, "Murphy's law has not been repealed". And, sure enough, if he is in a shooting it will be when he has the stuff in his blood.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 07-09-2012 at 08:20 PM.