Should I get a CCP before it's too late. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Should I get a CCP before it's too late.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking
First off having CCW license does not give me license to go looking for trouble, but on the other hand I believe having one puts a great responsibility upon me to stand in the gap if need be. To protect family, friends or strangers from potentially bad situations as your quote from Psalm 82:4 says. You cannot expect LEO's to be on top of all situations, where I live we'd be fortunate to have the sheriff show up two hours after calling them. God forbid that you would ever have to pull your weapon to protect someone but I happen to believe it's a God given responsibility. If you don't stand up to that responsibility when needed who will? Yes the massive power grab is on the radar screen, but we'll see these sons of the dark side come after us whither you have a conceal carry license or just quietly own some sort of firearm because that's what the Nazi's did when they went door to door confiscating weapons, powers that be of today are no better than those Nazi's.
Well said, and yes MOLON LABE!

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #32

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

WOW you guys are right one theres some great strength here pro the 2nd. I agree with you all supporting it and stand beside you! Check this out if you havent seen it allready:

Guns Have Only Two Enemies: Rust And Politicians

A WORD TO THE WISE

Comments and sayings from various Conceal Carry Instructors.

Shooting Advice:

1. Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length and never say "I’ve got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force, for heaven’s sake let the first sound they hear be the safety clicking off. They shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.

2. The average response time of a 911 call is over 4 minutes, the response time of a 9mm/.357 or .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.

3. Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

4. The most important rule in a gunfight is: “Always win - and cheat if necessary."

5. Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty.

6. If you end up in a gun fight and you're not shooting, you should be loading. If you're not loading, you should be moving. If you're not moving - you’re dead."

7. In a life and death situation do something. It may be wrong but do something.

8. If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?

9. You can say 'Stop' or 'Alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a LARGE bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language.

10. You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it.

11. You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, please forward.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #33

Likes Given: 1

Maybe this will help make up your mind:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/oakland_county/a--man-with-a-gun-may-have-saved-lives-when-he-stopped-a-man-with-a-knife-outside-a-royal-oak-market

Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
Don't assume you can hide if you don't get a permit. All the feds have to do is confiscate the paperwork from all dealers that shows who bought what. If it comes to the point where there is a mass confiscation project by the gov't, the U.S. will likely go the way of Egypt, Syria, Libya, etc. Get the permit, carry legally as long as the option is available, and just act right. There are states that would violently secede from the Union if their rights are violated that way.
They're gonna have a pretty hard time doing so in FL where there's no transfer law.... All you have to do is hand your gun to someone, say "here it's yours" and the transaction is complete..... They come to get mine I'm sticking to the story "I gave it to Joe Schmo"