Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Should I get a CCP before it's too late.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 755 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
The Supreme Court has ruled that the 2nd Amendment means what it says, but then Obama has never let the Constitution get in his way.
narrow victories, not as clear cut as it should be, and with 1 or more justices scheduled to retire, including those with conservative views, the next election is probably the most important one in decades.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1137 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 1676

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
I'm thinking I should maybe apply and get one now just in case the prez. gets re-elected. My thought is they may try to outlaw the practice, but grandfather in those that already have them. Thoughts?

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
YES
Don't talk about it, do it.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #23

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
The thought has always been for the right reason, but in the past I've never felt an urgency. I truly believe God is guiding my steps, and feel like this is a move I should make!

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Since this is how you feel, the answer is YES.

I pray for guidance and protection, I realize I may be what is used to protect others.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1137 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 1676

So, get a CCP

Old 03-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #25

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

--Thomas Jefferson

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

--Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #26

Liked 209 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 15

You should not have to ask any of us if you should apply for a concealed carry permit. You should be able to deside that for your to carry or not.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #27

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think you really answered yourself in your question.
Imo get the permit then decide if you want to carry. Remember concealed can mean in your car as well, you don't have to carry on your person if uncomfortable with it. Just having it will be a comfort in itself, then decide what's best for you.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 961 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 391

I guess I should clarify. My original intent was to raise the question for those that were wondering. I personally was already planning on it, but to also pose the what if aspect. At some point I could totally see a massive power grab to try and turn us all into criminals, and as some have said it would be met with rebellion!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #29

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB
I guess I should clarify. My original intent was to raise the question for those that were wondering. I personally was already planning on it, but to also pose the what if aspect. At some point I could totally see a massive power grab to try and turn us all into criminals, and as some have said it would be met with rebellion!

To that I would say "MOLON LABE"

Old 03-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #30

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

First off having CCW license does not give me license to go looking for trouble, but on the other hand I believe having one puts a great responsibility upon me to stand in the gap if need be. To protect family, friends or strangers from potentially bad situations as your quote from Psalm 82:4 says. You cannot expect LEO's to be on top of all situations, where I live we'd be fortunate to have the sheriff show up two hours after calling them. God forbid that you would ever have to pull your weapon to protect someone but I happen to believe it's a God given responsibility. If you don't stand up to that responsibility when needed who will? Yes the massive power grab is on the radar screen, but we'll see these sons of the dark side come after us whither you have a conceal carry license or just quietly own some sort of firearm because that's what the Nazi's did when they went door to door confiscating weapons, powers that be of today are no better than those Nazi's.