Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Should I get a CCP before it's too late.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 878 Times on 561 Posts
Likes Given: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6

I was put on the list the very day I stood and took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God. That was 40 years ago, and that oath remains in affect today, and will remain in affect until the day they come and kill me..."From my cold dead hands"
As it should be!!!!

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6

I was put on the list the very day I stood and took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God. That was 40 years ago, and that oath remains in affect today, and will remain in affect until the day they come and kill me..."From my cold dead hands"
Too bad the powers that be don't see it that way! Defending the Constitution is an honorable thing!!!!

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #13

I def think God guides and directs those who listen. If he is telling do it its probably for a good reason. I know God can and will protect us but it doesnt doesnt me we should be naive or be doormats. Having a ccw permit is a tool he put in ur path to help urself

Old 03-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #14
10-32

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Many of my friends made that same oath and also have not been released from it. Unfortunately we now live in a country where a state can be sued by the government for upholding the laws so many have died to protect. It is a sad time in our nations history and I pray we come out of it with the values we laid on parchment so many years ago.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #15

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Our nations founding fathers knew that to have the Constitutional freedoms we have that it would always be a fight. Benjamin Franklin stated when asked if we had a Republic "Yes, if we can keep it." He knew that it would always be a battle to keep the freedoms that were developed by Godly laws. So why should we be any less willing to give our lives to keep the spirit of defending the Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #16

Liked 898 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 1247

Don't assume you can hide if you don't get a permit. All the feds have to do is confiscate the paperwork from all dealers that shows who bought what. If it comes to the point where there is a mass confiscation project by the gov't, the U.S. will likely go the way of Egypt, Syria, Libya, etc. Get the permit, carry legally as long as the option is available, and just act right. There are states that would violently secede from the Union if their rights are violated that way.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #17

I wouldn't expect to hide, they already know who I am. If they are going to come they will. I agree that there would be secession.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #18

Liked 500 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Go get the permit. No reason to NOT have it.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #19

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

For now, concealed carry is a state-by-state matter, not federal. If Obama makes a dramatic move in some manner to ban some or all guns from private ownership, he will have a fight on his hands from the states, as well as citizens. The Supreme Court has ruled that the 2nd Amendment means what it says, but then Obama has never let the Constitution get in his way.

If you are inclined to accept responsibility for your own protection and not rely on the government to rescue you, now may be a good time to get a permit. I also recommend professional self defense training, beyond (way beyond) anything you may get in the concealed carry class.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 03-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
For now, concealed carry is a state-by-state matter, not federal. If Obama makes a dramatic move in some manner to ban some or all guns from private ownership, he will have a fight on his hands from the states, as well as citizens. The Supreme Court has ruled that the 2nd Amendment means what it says, but then Obama has never let the Constitution get in his way.

If you are inclined to accept responsibility for your own protection and not rely on the government to rescue you, now may be a good time to get a permit. I also recommend professional self defense training, beyond (way beyond) anything you may get in the concealed carry class.
I totally agree with this, here in Oregon the CCW classes by most instructors is lacking the training that should really be put forth. In fact Nevada declined reciprocity of Oregon CCW licenses because they felt there wasn't enough firearms training involved.