Shot an intruder last night...dead! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Shot an intruder last night...dead!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by propex View Post
Hey Joe, how about a bow and arrow or a have a heart trap
I have a hunting bow, but would still end up in jail. It's considered a firearm, and even if it wasn’t there would still be the no hunting or cruelty to animals laws. Hell the PETA people would probably string me up just for whacking the little bandit with the Louieville Sluggah. I did buy a live trap but all I've caught is my own cat.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

OP, i'm glad you eliminated the intruder. Those things are nasty; if you had more drunken rednecks, you might not have as many. The shop i worked at in high school sold trophies, one NICE set per month went to the local coon hunters association. They had "biggest coon" "fastest treeing" and something else (probably "drunkest survivor" ). They were a funny bunch of hard-drinking night hunters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
So I am running down the street in the middle of night, in my boxers, chasing the little bastards with a baseball bat.

There is a very satisfying thump when I connect.
Could be worse; the last place i lived in memphis was with a serious animal loving chick (a very hot one ); we kept having racoons show up on the porch. She wouldn't hear of me hurting one. They were pretty skittish, so I figured "no harm, no foul". One day i came home late to see the attic door (ceiling drop door) was stuck in the open position. All six cats were on top of furniture growling. This was not a great neighborhood & my mossberg was in my closet (did i mention how hot this chick was); i grabbed an aluminum bat & took a look around the interior of the house. When i made it to the bedroom, just past the attic door, a friggin racoon drops from the attic onto the floor. I started making herding motions with the bat to drive the bugger towards the front door. He ran straight at me & got a double whack on the head. I disposed of the evidence before she got home & secured the attic door. I never retrieved anything i had stored in that attic or fully respected the herd of cats again. It was a satisfying "crunch" for me.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Could be worse; the last place i lived in memphis was with a serious animal loving chick (a very hot one ); we kept having racoons show up on the porch. She wouldn't hear of me hurting one. They were pretty skittish, so I figured "no harm, no foul". One day i came home late to see the attic door (ceiling drop door) was stuck in the open position. All six cats were on top of furniture growling. This was not a great neighborhood & my mossberg was in my closet (did i mention how hot this chick was); i grabbed an aluminum bat & took a look around the interior of the house. When i made it to the bedroom, just past the attic door, a friggin racoon drops from the attic onto the floor. I started making herding motions with the bat to drive the bugger towards the front door. He ran straight at me & got a double whack on the head. I disposed of the evidence before she got home & secured the attic door. I never retrieved anything i had stored in that attic or fully respected the herd of cats again. It was a satisfying "crunch" for me.

Great Story!

But we need pictures of the hot chick

Old 06-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

True. I'm intrigued by the thought of this hot chick...

Old 06-02-2009, 02:31 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Sorry, i didn't take pics. 5'9, fair complexion, great smile, cool chick, but about 17 years younger than me.

Had really cool cats too.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Here ya go! HunterXchange.com: Hot Chick with Gun

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
I have a hunting bow, but would still end up in jail. It's considered a firearm....
Classified as such by a politician, no doubt....

No bang, no firearm.

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
cbw

Good job,

Joe you should get a live trap and take somewhere out in the sticks where you can pop them. I traped one a few years ago and should have shot it in the cage like my Father-in-law did. But noooooooo I tried to be a nice guy a release it in the country. They are mean SOBs, I had mid arm length welding gloves on and the coon damn near bit and scratched through them through the cage as I was moving the cage. Finally got it out of the cage and lucky for me it ran away and din not come after me.

[The odds are always 50/50

Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbw View Post
Good job,

Joe you should get a live trap and take somewhere out in the sticks where you can pop them. I traped one a few years ago and should have shot it in the cage like my Father-in-law did. But noooooooo I tried to be a nice guy a release it in the country. They are mean SOBs, I had mid arm length welding gloves on and the coon damn near bit and scratched through them through the cage as I was moving the cage. Finally got it out of the cage and lucky for me it ran away and din not come after me.
Sounds like good advice.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #20

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Joe, you need to put something like fish oil or other stuff in the live trap. Clams or muscles are good and even some oysters. Most cats are not that attracted to muscles, but coons are!

.22 CB shorts are pretty quiet. Probably wouldn't distrub the neighbors. Take out the window screen and shoot from inside your house. The house deadens the remainder of any sound. Make SURE you open the window first!!

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"