Sheriff Chuck Wright Doesn’t Hold Back
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Sheriff Chuck Wright Doesn’t Hold Back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default Sheriff Chuck Wright Doesn’t Hold Back

Sheriff Chuck Wright Doesn’t Hold Back

http://www.wyff4.com/...

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. -- The Spartanburg County Sheriff is known for speaking his mind, and at a news conference on Monday, he didn't hold back his anger and frustration after a woman was attacked in a park over the weekend.
Investigators said 46-year-old Walter Lance grabbed a woman who was walking her dog in Milliken Park on Sunday afternoon. They said Lance choked the woman, made her take off her clothing and tried to rape her.
Lance is in custody and was denied bond on Monday.
Sheriff Chuck Wright opened his news conference by saying, "Our form of justice is not making it."
He said, "Carry a concealed weapon. That'll fix it."

Wright said Lance had been charged numerous times with crimes again women, and other crimes such as resisting arrest and escape. Wright said Lance had been on probation for a federal gun charge.
He referred to Lance repeatedly as an "animal," and expressed his disgust about Lance's long record and the attack.
Wright said Lance has had more than 20 charges dating back to 1983.

Wright said Lance has been in jail more often than he has, and he runs the jail, and he said Lance gets out easier. Wright punctuated it by saying, "And I'm aggravated."
He said he doesn't believe every person needs to be kept in jail, but he said, "I don't think this animal deserves to be out in our society, walking alongside our women."
Wright said,"Liberals call me and tell me the chain-gang form of justice isn't working. Well, let me inform you, your form of justice isn't working either."
He said Lance should not have had the right or opportunity to "violate a good, upstanding woman."
"This is a horrific crime," Wright said. "Her life was threatened so many times."
He said Lance "doesn't fight police or men folk -- he just goes after women." He said Lance is not married because, "No woman can stay married to him because he beats them down too much."
Wright said, "It's too bad someone with a concealed weapons permit didn't walk by. That would fix it." He said people are tired of doing the right thing and criminals getting away with their actions.

He said several times, "I want you to get a concealed weapons permit."
Wright said, "I'm tired of looking at victims saying, 'There's life after this' … I'm tired of saying, 'We're sorry, we can't keep them in jail.'"
Wright said in his view, gun control is, "How fast can you can get the barrel of your gun back on the target?"
Wright said the attack is not the fault of Millken Park. He said, "It's a nice place for families."
He said officers patrol the area all the time and respond to various calls there. He said, "Don't blame anyone for having an animal on their property … We can't get it all."
He encouraged women to walk in groups, and he ended by saying again, "I want you to get a concealed weapons permit. Don't get Mace. Get a firearm."
And then he said, "I think I better stop before I get sanctioned."

=================================

I think I like this Sheriff......anyone from Spartanburg County, SC who can comment good/bad for Sheriff Chuck Wright?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

And this guy would get my vote! My kind of Sheriff!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #3

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 37

damn right

Remington 700P (suppressed) - .308
Norinco SKS - 7.62x39
Mossberg 500 - 12 ga.
Savage FV64 - .22
Marlin Model 60 - .22 PARTS FOR SALE
EAA Witness P - 9mm
AR15 - 5.56/.223
AR15 SPR - 5.56/.223

Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Ironic because I just watched a show last night on I think net geographic I don't remember, about Russian jails. The first one was called black dolphin and was exactly how American jails should be run. They ran off of pure intimidation and superiority. For example, after 6am wake up, no prisoner was allowed to even sit on their neatly made beds for the rest of the day. But back on subject, these people need to be dealt with effectively. Our system isn't cutting it

Old 10-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2531 Times on 1236 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

Eagle,

God Bless Sheriff Chuck Right! I would hope I would have the pleasure of meeting him some day. And thank you for sharing the article!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:37 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Good for the sheriff.

I don't live in Spartanburg, but the story of the crime and arrest was on the news here. The sheriff's comments were not mentioned on the news at all.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Well, maybe I spoke too soon. Right after I posted that, the previews for tonight's 11:00 news came on during the commercial break. They are going to do the story tonight.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Remember, when seconds count the police are minutes away.

Those who live by the sword will be shot by those who don't!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:06 AM   #9

I work in LE and here's the deal we react to crimes we don't stop them normally unless some idiot does it right in front of us. The liberals in the country can't seem to grasp that.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:07 AM   #10

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

So when's this guy running for president?