Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Self defense or vigilante justice? Man shoots, kills armed robber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
'Good Samaritan' Who Shot Mpls Robber Won't Be Charged

Victory!

'Good Samaritan' Who Shot Mpls Robber Won't Be Charged | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul
snff snff. I smell precedent. This is great news.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

This is a very interesting case. Considering that the suspect pulled his weapon first probably what change the decision. Now if the samaritan wouldve pulled his gun first, it would be a different story. Me personally, i am not sure i am that brave. This could set a precedent.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #13

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Bravery may have nothing to do with it.
I wouldn't have chased the guy. Not because of being scared, but because I highly doubt a little old lady is going to be carrying something in her purse that isn't replaceable.

I've got a lot of first aid training (USMC infantry, and numerous security jobs where it's required), and I personally would have been of better service by helping the lady.

The legal aspects we were all worried about is also a consideration. I'm glad he's not getting screwed.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #14

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Im glad to hear this guy isnt being charged. I was worried for him. Not knowing the whole story, I was certin he would be charged.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #15

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Bravery may have nothing to do with it.
I wouldn't have chased the guy. Not because of being scared, but because I highly doubt a little old lady is going to be carrying something in her purse that isn't replaceable.

I've got a lot of first aid training (USMC infantry, and numerous security jobs where it's required), and I personally would have been of better service by helping the lady.

The legal aspects we were all worried about is also a consideration. I'm glad he's not getting screwed.
yup. I'm with you on that one. while my training was "shoot back, find cover, THEN administer first aid" in this case, I think I would have NOT chased the guy, and made sure the lady was ok, didn't need medical attention, and then phoned the police while ensuring the suspect did not return should he decide to "leave no witnesses" now, if I was walking along, and the suspect happened to run in my direction and I didn't have to "go out of my way" to stop him, I might tackle him and try to restrain him, but I wouldn't take off and chase him down.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #16

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I would say that man is doing a good public service, no telling what that man would have done next, for all we know he could have gotten away with this crime ran a few blocks down and murdered someone.

I say he did people a favor by taking out a clear threat to the health of the general public. The criminal was nothing but a vulture praying on those that could not defend them selves in my eye's he got what he deserved.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 10-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Looks like his sister who is now charged is a peach too:

1/1 FINANCIAL TRANSACTION CARD FRAUD MINNEAPOLIS PD PROBABLE CAUSE PROB CAUSE 36 HOURS EXPIRED $0
HOLD W/O BAIL ..
1/2 AGGRAVATED ROBBERY MINNEAPOLIS PD PROBABLE CAUSE PROB CAUSE 36 HOURS EXPIRED $0
2/1 AGGRAVATED ROBBERY MINNEAPOLIS PD PROBABLE CAUSE PROB CAUSE FORMALLY CHARGED $250,000
BAIL REVISED/DC 10/31/2011..13:30 DOWNTOWN Address
2/2 AGGRAVATED ROBBERY-1ST DEGREE MINNEAPOLIS PD PROBABLE CAUSE FELONY $0
10/31/2011..13:30 DOWNTOWN Address
2/3 AGGRAVATED ROBBERY-1ST DEGREE MINNEAPOLIS PD PROBABLE CAUSE FELONY $0
10/31/2011..13:30 DOWNTOWN Address

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 10-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #18

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
snff snff. I smell precedent. This is great news.
Good news. The perp drew a weapon...it's justified.

People get the government they deserve.