Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   A Self Defense (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/self-defense-50895/)

silverado113 10-31-2011 03:34 AM

A Self Defense Story

I didn't see a thread like this and was wondering what stories are out there when you either had to pull out your weapon or actually use it in self defense. Just state side stories, no combat ones please.

For me I had a couple of close calls when I was living in Charlotte,NC. The first time I had to pull my 1911 on a group of individuals who thought that as a person in USMC dress blue deltas in a government vehicle I shouldn't be in their neighborhood. I was exiting my government vehicle wearing a jacket with my uniform because it was a little chilly and and my 1911 was concealed on my hip, when I was approached by a group of five people. I was told to give them my wallet and keys because a white boy had no need to be in "our neighborhood". As they started to approach I backed up and pulled out my pistol. Their response was "oh I didn't know it was like that". They started to back away once they heard the safety click off and I quickly got in my vehicle and left the area. Needless to say I didn't recruit the person I was there for but I did laugh about it later, cause it could have been a lot worse.

CarlsbadRanger06 11-10-2011 03:24 AM

I was on River Street club hopping a couple years ago with some fellow soldiers when a "dope boy" started some trouble with me.

Because I try not to carry while consuming alcohol in public, I had left my pistol in my truck.

The guy brandished a Beretta 9mm by pulling up his shirt and that made me decide it was time to head for the truck.

I walked outside and made a bee lingerie my truck. While walking to it, I kept an eye behind me to make sure I wasn't about to be shot in the back.
I made it to my truck, got my pistol (Glock 30) and I began to walk back towards the club entrance when the guy and 2 of his buddies walked out.

I raised the pistol and aimed for his nose and calmly told him that he should take his weapon and toss it into the nearby dumpster and leave.

I'm assuming he saw down the rather large barrel in comparison to his own and he said "Oh sh&#! That ni$%a go hard y'all! Let's roll outta here!"

He then dropped his pistol into the dumpster and he and his "homeboys" jolted off in a sprint!

danf_fl 11-10-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 (Post 623877)
I made it to my truck, got my pistol (Glock 30) and I began to walk back towards the club entrance when the guy and 2 of his buddies walked out.

I raised the pistol and aimed for his nose and calmly told him that he should take his weapon and toss it into the nearby dumpster and leave.

I'm assuming he saw down the rather large barrel in comparison to his own and he said "Oh sh&#! That ni$%a go hard y'all! Let's roll outta here!"

He then dropped his pistol into the dumpster and he and his "homeboys" jolted off in a sprint!

Brandishing your firearm after the threat was over? He could have (legally) pushed the issue that he was now the victim.

towboater 11-10-2011 10:45 AM

Getting your gun, and going back in for him. Not the right move.

tCan 11-10-2011 10:55 AM

He just threw away a Beretta? Your story is kinda fishy sir.

ScottA 11-10-2011 12:25 PM

Let the Monday morning quarterbacking begin.

vincent 11-10-2011 01:34 PM

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/have-you-ever-had-draw-someone-49823/

CarlsbadRanger06 11-10-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater
Getting your gun, and going back in for him. Not the right move.

I never would have walked into the club with my weapon; I already knew he was coming out and I wanted to have the jump on him and that is why I did it.

JonM 11-10-2011 02:06 PM

So basically you robbed two people... calling 911 giving a description and waiting for the police was the right thing. Your lucky cuz shooting them after coming back woulda been homicide not self defense.

CarlsbadRanger06 11-10-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
So basically you robbed two people... calling 911 giving a description and waiting for the police was the right thing. Your lucky cuz shooting them after coming back woulda been homicide not self defense.

I didn't rob anyone. Where did that come from? I definitely doubt that the fella had a Concealed Carry permit.

I suppose you could say that I was 99.99% sure that the guy would come after me; I knew that I either had to scare the hell out of him or shoot him.

I think, given the situation, I made a pretty good choice.

Chastise me if you want, but nobody else was there and combined with a BAP of at least .08, if I had killed a man, it would have been much harder to explain.