Self-defence or murder? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Self-defence or murder?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
Manslaughter wouldn't work because you would have to demonstrate that he didn't intend to kill him only to harm him.
I can't tell for sure....
But maybe the Pharmacist was trying to shoot around the vitals and accidentally killed the perp?

Naw, it was murder. IMHO.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

No matter what he did, you do not walk up to anyone and put 5 more rounds in to him when he is laying there defenseless. There is a line you do not cross and he crossed it.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2178 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 3323

i've followed this shooting since day one. After the shooting Ersland lied to the cops: He lied when he said the deceased perp had a gun. He lied to the cops about his military service. If Ersland had not lied to the cops he might not be going to McAlester prison for life. Then Ersland gave TV interviews where he came across as a vigilante.

Ersland and his lawyer got one judge disqualified: They tried to get the judge who heard the case disqualified because of an alleged racial slur. A judge tends to get po'd when you try to disqualify him from hearing your case. That definitely did not help Ersland.

Today the two adults who planned the robbery were sentenced to life in prison for murder plus additional years on other counts.

Men Convicted In Pharmacy Robbery Get Life In Prison - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Here is a link to other links on the Ersland trial:

Judge Elliott To Remain; Trial Date Set For Ersland - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Last edited by alsaqr; 07-11-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1150 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 688

WELL my two cents are as follows. the clerk was right in defending himself. and even possibly in chasing the BG that ran at least to get a good idea where he was going or what he looked like... however... myself being in similair situations. know for fact. when the bad guys down. the fight is over. aim at him to keep him subdued. or leave the area. but dont stroll past the guy and then go excute him. that took planning even if his blood was pumping he had to know im going over to kill this SOB. now that being said. thats why i practice.. two to the chest.. and one to head.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #25

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

On the one hand, it's a shame the pharmacist got the shaft.

Er, I mean he probably did the wrong thing. HARUMMPH!

On a brighter note, this story gets wide circulation, and all those

scumballs are put on notice. We're mad as hell and we're not

going to take it anymore.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
On the one hand, it's a shame the pharmacist got the shaft.

Er, I mean he probably did the wrong thing. HARUMMPH!

On a brighter note, this story gets wide circulation, and all those

scumballs are put on notice. We're mad as hell and we're not

going to take it anymore.
If only it were that easy. Most of those wanna-be thugs are talking mad sh!t to their friends something like, "If dat had been me, I woulda shot dat muh fugga
as soon as I went up in there."

This may only lead to robbers shooting first instead of just threatening to shoot.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #27

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Air Force veteran, Jerome Ersland saved his own life by ridding the world of a violent, armed thug.

Two thugs thought they could walk in, and get some quick cash by threatening 3 innocent people.

This evil punk got what he deserved.

I can't say whether or not it was self-defense or murder.

However, the question is; why isn't the other thug in court next to Ersland - or did I miss that part? Were there two adults + the two armed robbers?

Last edited by Rarity; 07-12-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #28

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce View Post
If only it were that easy. Most of those wanna-be thugs are talking mad sh!t to their friends something like, "If dat had been me, I woulda shot dat muh fugga

This may only lead to robbers shooting first instead of just threatening to shoot.
These thieving baxters should be shot down like rabid dogs.

IMO, we should be pinning a service medal on the pharmacist.

Don't make a hero of that jackhole BG...

Old 07-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwade00 View Post
im with the manslaughter charge. unless that kid was still shooting that pharmacist should not have gone back over and unloaded on him. heres where PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE comes into play. if that pharmacist had takin him out with one shot to the dome, he would be at work today, with nothing more than a stain on the floor. now the dude who is educated, pays his taxes, and supported a family, is behind bars with criminals.
And he may have to live out the rest of his days in a cell 23 hours a day, only coming out one hour to walk around a little. Because of the racial aspect of the crime, he may be put in protective custody for his own safety. Unfortunately, in prison, he won't have any guns to defend himself with. And I can't imagine an almost 60 y/o pharmicist with a really bad back being the greatest fighter in the world.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce View Post
I can imagine.