Security Guard had expired weapons permit - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Security Guard had expired weapons permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Here's a link that attacks the media for inaccurate / ignorant reporting of gun news :
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/sloppy-mainstream-reporting-on-basic-gun-facts-points-to-pervasive-failure

Old 04-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Rentacop
That's part of the ongoing effort to prove that you don't have to be smart to be a biased reporter.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 280 Times on 216 Posts
Likes Given: 125

They have an agenda to support and they do their best to slant everything from what they report to how it's edited and when it's presented. Accuse on page one, retract later, on page 101.

Who can withstand those winds ?

Old 04-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #24

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner

Im with you to the point that I do not believe the 1 unarmed deceased posed any life threatening danger that those several security guards could have not thwarted with other less leathal means.
Whethet he threatened them isn't important unless he had the means and intent to carry it out at the time. Not many people die in fist fights, it happens but not often. And how come these guys ran like little B'/@-**&$ when his Dad came out and started shooting? Its easier to be a tough guy when your the only one with a deadly weapon.

What is a "paper aZz" never heard that one before.
I was expecting someone to argue against this guess not!

And what is "paper aZz" it'll drive me nuts
I had a 1st sergeant who would call us "biscuits" and never told us what it meant, we assumed it was a nice way of calling us a bunch of the other "B" word but not for certain.

Last edited by GunRunner; 04-15-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Before that idiot Hinkle shot Ronnie Reagan and got the "Brady bunch" goin', a story like this would be on the 3rd or 4th page in the local "fish wrapper". But with the agenda of the ever-increasing effort to convert the United States into a 3rd world country,the media is exploiting every event that involves a less-than-pure use of a gun to please their puppet masters in Washington and the U.N.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #26

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
Another case of people with firearms acting outside their intended purpose. You can't claim self-defense if you dont exercise every possible, reasonable means to exit the situation but rather the constant killing of unarmed people is too much for me.

I think people are now using bullets in places of fist, at least with fist you win some, you lose some but you live to fight another day.

Actually, with the "Stand you ground laws" you are not required to retreat at all, that is the point of the law. The requirement is that you FEEL that your life or someone else's life is in danger of serious bodily injury, or death.

The court test would be whether your feeling was justified by the circumstances. Subtle things like disparity of force could enter into the equasion which means the person getting shot would not necessiarly have to be armed, for the shooting to be justified.

For instance, I am a grey haired man, with a documented heart problem, I might be justified for killing someone, simply because they threatened to "whip my ass". I would not want to test the theory, but, who knows?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 04-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #27

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Actually, with the "Stand you ground laws" you are not required to retreat at all, that is the point of the law. The requirement is that you FEEL that your life or someone else's life is in danger of serious bodily injury, or death.

The court test would be whether your feeling was justified by the circumstances. Subtle things like disparity of force could enter into the equasion which means the person getting shot would not necessiarly have to be armed, for the shooting to be justified.

For instance, I am a grey haired man, with a documented heart problem, I might be justified for killing someone, simply because they threatened to "whip my ass". I would not want to test the theory, but, who knows?
My bil and i got into an argument about this once. He said people who carry guns just dont know how to fight. Of course he is a 23 yr old overweight smoker who works part time at best at Big O Tires and couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag. I explained to him that there are times when you draw and times you dont. Someone backing into your fender in the walmart parking lot or someone making inappropriate comments to your wife isnt that time. However sitting in a resturant when a phsychopath walks in and starts shooting people is the time to draw.

Also stand your ground laws only apply when you are legally allowed to be present in the location where the incident happened, in other words your home, place of business or in public. They dont apply to criminals who broke into someones home.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 04-15-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #28

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

I'm not arguing the stand your ground law, I dont completely agree or disagree with it. What I'm saying is if that is their defense, how come they stood their ground with the unarmed youth but when Dad came out with a firearm as well, no one chose to stand their ground.

I think some people with firearms remind me of idiots in their cars who will give you the finger, cut you off, and run right up on your bumper but when they step outside of that car they turn into the most reasonable people you have ever met when that guy they were flicking off happens to be a 250lbs suspicious looking black man. I just laugh at people. I've seen women in big SUV's with the same attitude like their vehicle makes them strong, right, and give them permission to be a B'/-+=$&.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
I'm not arguing the stand your ground law, I dont completely agree or disagree with it. What I'm saying is if that is their defense, how come they stood their ground with the unarmed youth but when Dad came out with a firearm as well, no one chose to stand their ground.

I think some people with firearms remind me of idiots in their cars who will give you the finger, cut you off, and run right up on your bumper but when they step outside of that car they turn into the most reasonable people you have ever met when that guy they were flicking off happens to be a 250lbs suspicious looking black man. I just laugh at people. I've seen women in big SUV's with the same attitude like their vehicle makes them strong, right, and give them permission to be a B'/-+=$&.
I agree. They act like their vehicle is an impenetrable shield, or a tank, so nobody can touch them. Then when they run into you and it's their fault, they turn from Mr Hyde back to Dr. Jekyll (or maybe Marvin Milquetoast).

Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here's an article from Fox News. So far as I know it's not been and never will be in MSNBC news:
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/crime/alton-hayes-trayvon-martin-white-man-attacked-black-racist-racism-maywood-chicago-suburb-20120420