Security Guard had expired weapons permit - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Security Guard had expired weapons permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 02:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6

Many security companies do not have weapons training, especially armored car companies. Security and armored car companies would rather take the risk and pay the fine or penalty because it much cheaper in the long run than to implement a training program. They put security guards in harms way every day for the benefit of higher profits.
No way would i put myself in harms way protecting someone elses money for $9 an hour....

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #12

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

As far as shooting unarmed people is concerned, unarmed people can still present an imminent threat to life and limb . Therefore, it can be justifiable to shoot an unarmed person.
Conversely, it is not automatically justified to shoot an armed person . For a hypothetical example, suppose some one shot a suspect and a gun was later found concealed on the suspect's body ; The suspect's gun, not having been evident at the time of the shooting would have no bearing on whether the shooting was justified .
If a criminal shot and killed an armed man from ambush, the victim might as well have been unarmed, yet some people would see it almost as a " fair fight " .

Last edited by Rentacop; 04-06-2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: grammar

Old 04-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

If the guards thought something was not right they should have just called 911 and watched what was going on from a distance. Seems like what they did was totally irresponsible. Manslaughter.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
If the guards thought something was not right they should have just called 911 and watched what was going on from a distance. Seems like what they did was totally irresponsible. Manslaughter.
I agree with you except it should be 2nd degree murder.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 04-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
Many security companies do not have weapons training, especially armored car companies. Security and armored car companies would rather take the risk and pay the fine or penalty because it much cheaper in the long run than to implement a training program. They put security guards in harms way every day for the benefit of higher profits.
This is not always true. A buddy of mine worked for an armored truck service. To even quailfy for the job they did a FULL background check and they can't have anything on their record within 5 years. Also one they are recommended for the job they have to qualify with their side arms. And depending on the company they may have different qualifing scores. Just a tid bit of advice. Not every company puts their guys in harms way untrained

Old 04-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

A lot of sites doesn't want to insure armed guards. In ms it 1,000,000,000

Old 04-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #17

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

So...what do we know?

Guards left post to chit chat with car full of young ladies unaware they were laying in wait for the deceased sister.

Deceased knows what the car load of females is there for. Looking to protect his sister he heads out to confront the ladies.

From this point were speculating.

Anyone convicting or excusing the guards is talking like a man with a paper aZz

Tack

Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #18

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
So...what do we know?

Guards left post to chit chat with car full of young ladies unaware they were laying in wait for the deceased sister.

Deceased knows what the car load of females is there for. Looking to protect his sister he heads out to confront the ladies.

From this point were speculating.

Anyone convicting or excusing the guards is talking like a man with a paper aZz

Tack
Im with you to the point that I do not believe the 1 unarmed deceased posed any life threatening danger that those several security guards could have not thwarted with other less leathal means.
Whethet he threatened them isn't important unless he had the means and intent to carry it out at the time. Not many people die in fist fights, it happens but not often. And how come these guys ran like little B'/@-**&$ when his Dad came out and started shooting? Its easier to be a tough guy when your the only one with a deadly weapon.

What is a "paper aZz" never heard that one before.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #19

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

If we've learned anything from the Bernhard Goetz " subway vigilante " case, the Central Park Jogger Rape " wilding " case, the Richard Jewell " Olympic bombing , hero syndrome " case, the Duke not-a-rape case, the NBC fake Zimmerman recording, the ABC exploding pickup trucks and the runaway Audi 5000s...
...it is that the media can be depended on to lie, sensationalize, exaggerate, hide facts, copy and paste anything the New York Times prints, recycle every AP story and, (only as a last resort), actually investigate and check facts .
I guess most of us haven't learned that lesson yet .
At this point, I'm not ready to believe that the event in question ever happened, as long as I must depend on the news report for facts .

Last edited by Rentacop; 04-13-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #20

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Here we go again.
Agree- Are we all just running out of subject matter

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET