Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Second Handgun for the first floor of my house...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Oh he is gonna LOVE that!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
Jay

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I think this may be the first time I've been accused of having a great mind..... .. thanks

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I think this may be the first time I've been accused of having a great mind..... .. thanks
Or thinking like ME! THAT'S what you should be thanking him for!

Old 10-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I think that carrying one in the house is indeed a good idea. However, my wife is not yet at the point where she feels comfortable enough to do that. I've asked her to take the CCW class with me, but she's not sure yet.

I'd like to take her with me to shoot more often and then get her to take the CCW class. So, for now she said she like to have access to one downstairs (as well as upstairs).

I may just get a Glock 19. Thanks for your input folks.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnoob View Post
I think that carrying one in the house is indeed a good idea. However, my wife is not yet at the point where she feels comfortable enough to do that. I've asked her to take the CCW class with me, but she's not sure yet.
My wife was the same way. It may not have anything to do with "Not being ready, yet." She may be cautious about the class it self. They can be VERY intimidation especially if she is just getting used to your guns. My wife was that way. NEVER held a gun till we were dating, now she is VERY comfortable with them.

I explained to her that just because you have a CCDW permit, that doesn't REQUIRE you to carry, but you can if you decide to.

See if there are any carry classes for women only in your area. The NRA Women on Target folks can maybe direct you towards one, OR help your local instructor to organize one.

Might make her more comfortable and if like my class, where they ask people to convey their motivation behind getting the permit, she might get an education about the world around her and realize that she might just need it one day.

Beside it is a GREAT place to pick up chics, ........Just kidding.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1660 Times on 905 Posts
Likes Given: 529

I have a one story house and I have 4 guns stashed plus the one I carry. The guns are accessible and the locations provide some cover. I started doing that after my daughter called in a prowler and it took the police 45 minutes to get there. She was not rural.

Just because your paranoid does't mean they are not out to get you.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #17

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I have a one story house and I have 4 guns stashed plus the one I carry. The guns are accessible and the locations provide some cover. I started doing that after my daughter called in a prowler and it took the police 45 minutes to get there. She was not rural.

Just because your paranoid does't mean they are not out to get you. - Kurt Cobain
“I moved to New York City for my health. I'm paranoid and it was the only place where my fears were justified.” - Anita Weiss

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-14-2010, 01:03 AM   #18
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1660 Times on 905 Posts
Likes Given: 529

OK CB. Now I know where that paranoid expresion came from. I really like the one about NY. My wife does not carry so I set up the guns where she would run for cover.
I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man. That one is by me.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #19

If you don't have small children and don't have young guests you can "stash" guns. Otherwise it is safer to carry or have them placed where they are not so easy to grab. I'm a noob here but just MHO.

Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement.
Winston Churchill