Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Seat Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Seat Carry

While on opencarry.org I saw an ad banner for Seat Carry.

www.seatcarry.com

Its a holster for carrying in the vehicle. Im a lefty, so im not sure what is the best way to carry in a vehicle. Do other lefties use a weak hand cross-draw? But this looks like a pretty good piece of gear. What do you guys think?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2009, 02:02 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Looks like it would work. What kind of handgun do you have in there? Is it just laying in there on the slide or is it in a holster? Can a holster be installed to change the position of the grip?

I thought about making something like that and using velcro to be able to position the grip of the handgun to allow someone to draw there weapon more comfortably and position it for either left or right handed people.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #3

Those pics are from the website. As far as being left handed if im driving isnt the smart thing for me to do is to use my right hand to draw and fire. It seems like it would be a wierd angle to shoot through the driver side window.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #4

No responses? I know there has to be some left handed shooters on this forum. How do you guys have your vehicle CCW set up, left handed while driving. Crossdraw? Center console? Shoulder draw for weak side hand? Shoe box on passanger seat or just covered with a towel? I drive a coupe that sits pretty low, very difficult to reach under the seat so thats not an option? Thanx.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
No responses? I know there has to be some left handed shooters on this forum. How do you guys have your vehicle CCW set up, left handed while driving. Crossdraw? Center console? Shoulder draw for weak side hand? Shoe box on passanger seat or just covered with a towel? I drive a coupe that sits pretty low, very difficult to reach under the seat so thats not an option? Thanx.
Yep, lefty here. I keep my pistol in the driver-door pocket. I simply reach down into the pocket and pull the pistol out.... AND FIRE!

It hides well, it works well, and it's FREE!!!!

I wouldn't have that "thing" (in the photo) in my vehicle.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Yep, lefty here. I keep my pistol in the driver-door pocket. I simply reach down into the pocket and pull the pistol out.... AND FIRE!

That just seems like a very weird angle to use the strong side hand. Being pinned against the door, it seems like using the right hand to fire would be a more stable and accurate hand to use.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
That just seems like a very weird angle to use the strong side hand. Being pinned against the door, it seems like using the right hand to fire would be a more stable and accurate hand to use.
Totally INCORRECT. My pistol isn't "pinned" to anything. it rests in a ridged pocket with the grip upward. All I do is reach down and the pistol is in my hand and ready to fire. I guess you didn't read the "left handed" part of the post..

As far as hitting something... not a problem.

Last edited by Mark F; 12-16-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #8

Southpaw also,

I carry my weapon holstered on my strong side. I am not a fan of the straps(like in the wedsite pics you posted). Summertime carry for me usually consists of pocket carry, which isn't the best situation, but is the most comfortable for me.

I have always preferred carry on my strong side. Of course, I do practice weak side shooting, just never carry that way.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #9

Liked 1406 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

$56????????

You can get a reusable auto trash bag at Wal-Mart for $6.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 12-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post

Have you ever wondered if you have an accident? What is going to happen if you can not find your handgun because it was ejected from your car or is loose under the seat or somewhere else in the car?
Just asking one of those terribel what "if's".