Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Seat Carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/seat-carry-21051/)

michigan0626 12-12-2009 02:40 PM

Seat Carry

3 Attachment(s)
While on opencarry.org I saw an ad banner for Seat Carry.

www.seatcarry.com

Its a holster for carrying in the vehicle. Im a lefty, so im not sure what is the best way to carry in a vehicle. Do other lefties use a weak hand cross-draw? But this looks like a pretty good piece of gear. What do you guys think?

Phelenwolf 12-13-2009 02:02 AM

Looks like it would work. What kind of handgun do you have in there? Is it just laying in there on the slide or is it in a holster? Can a holster be installed to change the position of the grip?

I thought about making something like that and using velcro to be able to position the grip of the handgun to allow someone to draw there weapon more comfortably and position it for either left or right handed people.

michigan0626 12-13-2009 10:51 AM

Those pics are from the website. As far as being left handed if im driving isnt the smart thing for me to do is to use my right hand to draw and fire. It seems like it would be a wierd angle to shoot through the driver side window.

michigan0626 12-16-2009 01:00 PM

No responses? I know there has to be some left handed shooters on this forum. How do you guys have your vehicle CCW set up, left handed while driving. Crossdraw? Center console? Shoulder draw for weak side hand? Shoe box on passanger seat or just covered with a towel? I drive a coupe that sits pretty low, very difficult to reach under the seat so thats not an option? Thanx.

Mark F 12-16-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michigan0626 (Post 200194)
No responses? I know there has to be some left handed shooters on this forum. How do you guys have your vehicle CCW set up, left handed while driving. Crossdraw? Center console? Shoulder draw for weak side hand? Shoe box on passanger seat or just covered with a towel? I drive a coupe that sits pretty low, very difficult to reach under the seat so thats not an option? Thanx.

Yep, lefty here. I keep my pistol in the driver-door pocket. I simply reach down into the pocket and pull the pistol out.... AND FIRE!

It hides well, it works well, and it's FREE!!!!

I wouldn't have that "thing" (in the photo) in my vehicle.

michigan0626 12-16-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 200213)
Yep, lefty here. I keep my pistol in the driver-door pocket. I simply reach down into the pocket and pull the pistol out.... AND FIRE!

That just seems like a very weird angle to use the strong side hand. Being pinned against the door, it seems like using the right hand to fire would be a more stable and accurate hand to use.

Mark F 12-16-2009 04:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by michigan0626 (Post 200224)
That just seems like a very weird angle to use the strong side hand. Being pinned against the door, it seems like using the right hand to fire would be a more stable and accurate hand to use.

Totally INCORRECT. My pistol isn't "pinned" to anything. it rests in a ridged pocket with the grip upward. All I do is reach down and the pistol is in my hand and ready to fire. I guess you didn't read the "left handed" part of the post..

As far as hitting something... not a problem.

ccr203 12-16-2009 07:48 PM

Southpaw also,

I carry my weapon holstered on my strong side. I am not a fan of the straps(like in the wedsite pics you posted). Summertime carry for me usually consists of pocket carry, which isn't the best situation, but is the most comfortable for me.

I have always preferred carry on my strong side. Of course, I do practice weak side shooting, just never carry that way.

canebrake 12-16-2009 08:18 PM

$56????????

You can get a reusable auto trash bag at Wal-Mart for $6.

Phelenwolf 12-18-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 200213)

Have you ever wondered if you have an accident? What is going to happen if you can not find your handgun because it was ejected from your car or is loose under the seat or somewhere else in the car?
Just asking one of those terribel what "if's".