sccy cpx-2 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > sccy cpx-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 305 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 34

In the past I had a pf-9 and a p-11. The p-11 went to one of son-inlaws. A daughter claimed my pf-9. I had read that the cpx-2 is still very much like the p-11 with just as bad a trigger but different. I have another son-in-law thats looking to get his CCL and I am just reading up to help him. Was looking at another pf-9 for him as he wants lite weight 9mm. I moved on to kahrs a few years ago.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:22 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Whats the trigger pull like and has any of you checked the pull weight. Some info comes better from forums than from the web sights.
I just picked mine up yesterday. That being said, I'd say the trigger pull weight is somewhere around 13 pounds. It's got a longer trigger pull than my Beretta 92FS in double action. Plus, there is a tad bit of take up in my opinion, which isn't worth much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdiaz1 View Post
One last comment. I had trouble feeding the first round with every magazine. I had to push the slide to force a round in. Doesn't happen with any of my other guns. I did fluff & buffed it before going to the range, so I was puzzled. The round-nosed 115gr Remington FMJ rounds seemed to refuse to slide smoothly up the loading ramp on the barrel. After that, all rounds fired w/o any problem. I e-mailed SCCY's service Dept and within minutes I got a call and they explained that on this gun you use the slide release to chamber the first round. It works every time.
I ran into this problem myself. I was at the range and tried to chamber a round with my hand and it hung up two different times. When I hit the slide release to chamber a round, no hang ups. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I go shooting. I noticed you said called instead of emailing you back. I wonder if that's something they did to improve customer service. Either way, I'm shocked by it and like the idea.

Last edited by OldGunJunkie; 01-11-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:19 PM   #13

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

I have found remingtons to be loaded with a longer oal than most others. I have had a failure to feed first round at the range with hardball, but an upward tap to the mag fixes that. When that has happened i could pull the mag out, so it is an oe and not the guns fault. If anyone knowledgeable has any pointer of different things i can do to fix that (other than of course jamming the mag in harder when changing mags) than i would appreciate it.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #14

Trigger pull on the CPX-2 hast to be at least 9 lbs. Appropriate since it doesn't have a safety. The trigger is plastic and some people may not like that, but I understand there are second market metal triggers for it, but I don't think it is necessary at all. Works just fine as is. I now have it concealed in my living room ready for any emergency. Last time I took it for a spin I did experience something unusual though and only once... the trigger didn't reset. racked the slide to chamber another round and it never happened again. Anyone experienced this?