sccy cpx-2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > sccy cpx-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default sccy cpx-2

Hello everyone. I've been in the market for an inexpensive ccw pistol for awhile now. I was at cabellas and saw the sccy cpx-2 and was immediately drawn to it. Great looking gun imo and at $275 a great price point. I have shot over 150 flawless rounds thru it. If anyone is looking for an inexpensive not cheap carry weapon this may be perfect for you.

forumrunner_20120629_100744.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

This is the cpx-2 compared to my Glock 17

forumrunner_20120629_100938.jpg

Old 07-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyx28
Hello everyone. I've been in the market for an inexpensive ccw pistol for awhile now. I was at cabellas and saw the sccy cpx-2 and was immediately drawn to it. Great looking gun imo and at $275 a great price point. I have shot over 150 flawless rounds thru it. If anyone is looking for an inexpensive not cheap carry weapon this may be perfect for you.
Just got mine a week ago. Also have a Kel-Tec PF9 where the folks at SCCY originated, but had newer ideas. What a difference! I like my PF-9 (after I tamed that bucking bronco) and I don't want to put it down in any way, shape or form, but... I have to say That the feel of the CPX-2 is a lot more comfortable and doesn't want to jump out of you hands. The CPX-2 is at my bedside simply because my wife can handle it also. The PF-9 rides with me as my CCW. For the money, both are excellent choices. One last comment. I had trouble feeding the first round with every magazine. I had to push the slide to force a round in. Doesn't happen with any of my other guns. I did fluff & buffed it before going to the range, so I was puzzled. The round-nosed 115gr Remington FMJ rounds seemed to refuse to slide smoothly up the loading ramp on the barrel. After that, all rounds fired w/o any problem. I e-mailed SCCY's service Dept and within minutes I got a call and they explained that on this gun you use the slide release to chamber the first round. It works every time. No wonder the slide release is as big as it is and very different from the PF-9 which is almost impossible the actuate. Slightly wider than the PF-9 to fit the stacked magazine with 10 rounds. Another plus over the PF-9. I really like this gun. Price was incredible from CTD.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I was approached by SCCY a while ago to deal with them factory direct. I was hesitant at first, but agreed. No regrets.

This is an example of what an American company can do if they are left to their own resources and they have a business plan that isn't too radical. Like FMK, they developed one pistol that does what it's supposed to do and does it well. They kept the price point at a reasonable level, so more people can afford them.

If someone is looking for a budget priced 9mm with great features and a good shooter, you guys are completely correct. This is a good way to go.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hmm something to look into as another back up.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #6

Put 160 rounds through the CPX-2 yesterday. 10 Fiocchi JHP (Italy), 50 Sellier & Bellot FMJ (Czech), 50 Magtec FMC (Brazil) and, 50 Speer-Lawmen TMJ (USA).

Old 08-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdiaz1
Put 160 rounds through the CPX-2 yesterday. 10 Fiocchi JHP (Italy), 50 Sellier & Bellot FMJ (Czech), 50 Magtec FMC (Brazil) and, 50 Speer-Lawmen TMJ (USA).
Couple of jams with the Fiocchi JHP, which is what I keep in the gun at my bedside. Mmmmm. Food for hought. No problem with any of the rest round nosed rounds. Magtech ammo seemed to have a dirtier burn from checking the spent casings. Shot exactly the same ammo through my Glock 19C - no problems at all.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've put alot of Tula through mine with zero problems. I can't remember the name, but I keep jacketed hollow points in mine while carrying. I decided to try a couple mags of them and again, zero problems. Im very satisfied with my purchase and recommend this gun to anyone looking for an inexpensive carry weapon.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #9

Liked 216 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Whats the trigger pull like and has any of you checked the pull weight. Some info comes better from forums than from the web sights.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I don't know the lbs of trigger pull, however it is a long pull. There is no safety so the long trigger pull is necessary. One thing to remember, this is not a range gun. I shoot it once in a while just to make sure everything is functioning. This gun for me anyway is to potentially save my families or my life. I have other guns that I shoot at the range on a regular basis.