Scary guy in CCW class - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Scary guy in CCW class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

In Oregon, our supreme court just affirmed that county sheriffs canNOT deny CHL's (in this Shall-Issue state) to registered medical marijuana users. Some might think confirmed drug-users shouldn't be allowed to carry. However, every judicial decision allowing greater access to handguns by citizens makes us all safer, even if a few individual users are less than prepared.

I've only been acquainted with firearms for a little more than a year. My heart still races with adrenaline when I am training at a range with 10 lanes of .45s, .40s, and shotguns being fired around me. I'm sure I have shaken before. Firing guns is an extremely American activity, but not exactly natural for many of us.

Every citizen that is allowed to carry legally (and follows all the rules to garner that privilege) helps protect our freedom in the bigger picture!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #22

I'm more scarred of the unshaven old guy in the corner who gets a bulls eye with every shot and a grin on his face.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
The biggest thing here is that the State obviously will issue to and untrained citizen. That is irresponsible. It endangers her/him and the general public.

There should be a prerequisite class for untrained gun owners that affords time for them to get familiar with firearms and comfortable with their use. I think a two week class with plenty of range time is necessary!!
I wholeheartedly disagree. Training is a personal responsibility and should be initiated and taken very seriously on one's own... But it shouldn't be a government requirement nor should one be required to pay a tax for a permission slip to exercise one's natural rights.

In Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont, there is no requirement for permits for the carriage of arms, both openly or concealed. The way the whole nation should be...

Luke 11:21
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.