S&W sw9ve to big to conceal? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

S&W sw9ve to big to conceal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

No problems hiding my sigma. Just have to find the right holster. Also remember most people are not actively looking for your gun. The only people trying to spot concealed carriers are most likely armed also.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89 View Post
recently i stopped into a local lil gun shop to see about conceal holsters for my S&W sigma sw9ve..the owner,an older gentleman said that its a pretty big gun to conceal.now i looked up the sizes n well ik its not a tiny gun but it doesnt seem desert eagle or 44mag huge either so..is a sigma sw9ve too large to conceal carry? (im a taller skinny guy,who wears baggier clothing if that helps.

i currently cant afford to go n purchase a small carry pistol..so its either a dont carry(which i dont now due to not having the gun in my possesion at the moment) or just carry it..
I carry a S&W model 59 9mm all the time and it is not to large. I have even carried my Colt 45 on me many of times. I am a bigger guy and a gun seems to go unnoticed on me. So just carry whatever you are comfortable with and people can't see it.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #23

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

I have the Sigma in 40 S&W. I sometimes carry it in a Bianchi pancake holster. The holster is actually made for a Glock 26. But it works with a bunch of different guns. It works very well. It hides great. But with 14 rounds of 40 in a gun it is heavy. Even though it is polymer, it gets heavy. But it can be done if you don't mind the weight.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 256 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 541

I carry one in a crossbreed super tuck. I like it and find it comfortable.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 04-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #25

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89

id like a GLOCK or a walther p99 because i love how they look,but dont wanna drop that much on a hand gun when i got my cars lol

I completely understand price playing a factor in your decision, that's a big problem for all of this these days, but a gun is not something I'd get from a bargain bin. Not at all saying your s&w is that, as I know a few people who carry an shoot them without issue, but if a glock or Walther is what you like I'd suggest finding a shop that has layaway or possibly selling something to fund your desired purchase. I got a keltec PF9 because it was cheap and I had nothing but problems with it. I've heard that the PF9 can be a fantastic pistol but also knew that they were hit and miss so I took the chance anyway and paid for it. I have since sold that gun (way under what fair value should be) and a few other things to purchase the new m&p shield. Yea it was a bit more pricey (still very affordable) and my wife gave me the evil eye for a few days but after 300 rounds in an hour and a half with no issue I'm glad I did it. Just something to ponder on.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 60

The advice from the gentleman, who advised "no solid colors" is spot on. Plaid is sort of urban camo. The shadows seem to disappear. Even if you have to borrow a friends shirt try it. For myself the smaller squares work best. Get a good belt and carry inside the pants. Do it around home a lot before you head out into public so your not always checking to see if it is where it should be. It may sound silly, but haircuts , trimmed beard, clean appropriate clothes usually help make you a little more invisible.
A friend whose government job entails everyday carry is 6'4" and thin, is very successful in concealing his in a small of the back holster (with his former agency he was forced to to carry a .40 cal Beretta with a 5" barrel).

Old 05-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #27

I carried one every day for a long time in a cheap uncle mikes iwb holster. The only problem I had with it was that if I carried it without a cover garment it would print pretty well. But I say if you can get away with concealing it's worth it because it's a great gun, ultra reliable I don't know anyone that has one that has had issues with it except for a horrible trigger. I never minded it though and could drive nails with it.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #28

Likes Given: 2

thank you guys for all the input,ive successfully carried my sigma for a few weeks now with out issue or a notice from any of the places ive been,my holster isnt best but i have a cheap inside the pants holster i carry in the 4 oclock position,its OK to drive with but its comfortable when out and about walking,in stores etc...hell i even almost frgt it was there today and walked into work with it on,ooops..if im going out to a big populated place i dress to cover it,usually a button up shirt thats long on me over my tee shirt,it fits my usual summer dressing style and hides my gun..so far successful carrying
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Last edited by REDMIST89; 05-05-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89
recently i stopped into a local lil gun shop to see about conceal holsters for my S&W sigma sw9ve..the owner,an older gentleman said that its a pretty big gun to conceal.now i looked up the sizes n well ik its not a tiny gun but it doesnt seem desert eagle or 44mag huge either so..is a sigma sw9ve too large to conceal carry? (im a taller skinny guy,who wears baggier clothing if that helps.

i currently cant afford to go n purchase a small carry pistol..so its either a dont carry(which i dont now due to not having the gun in my possesion at the moment) or just carry it..
My everyday carry is a SW40VE.. I'm 5'11, about 160lbs. I used a Michael Kole OWB leather holster for several months, no problems, but recently decided to upgrade to a Bianchi 82 CarryLok (made for a Glock 19) for the Level 2 retention.
The only time I've ever been 'made' is while getting a hug (tip: drop your carry side arm to make them hug you around your neck on that side..).
Best of luck to you, it is definitely concealable.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #30

Aaaand I just revived a 5 month old thread.. Sorry about that. Hope the OP found a setup that works for them!