S&W sw9ve to big to conceal?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > S&W sw9ve to big to conceal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default S&W sw9ve to big to conceal?

recently i stopped into a local lil gun shop to see about conceal holsters for my S&W sigma sw9ve..the owner,an older gentleman said that its a pretty big gun to conceal.now i looked up the sizes n well ik its not a tiny gun but it doesnt seem desert eagle or 44mag huge either so..is a sigma sw9ve too large to conceal carry? (im a taller skinny guy,who wears baggier clothing if that helps.

i currently cant afford to go n purchase a small carry pistol..so its either a dont carry(which i dont now due to not having the gun in my possesion at the moment) or just carry it..

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Last edited by REDMIST89; 03-26-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 AM   #2

Idk personally but the place wear I bought my sw9ve the guy working there carried his and I didn't even see it on him till he said I love this gun this is one of my main guns I carry and he pulled it out I had no idea it was there. But I could of just been oblivious. Idk but that's all I got, hope that helps you out

Old 03-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbitter View Post
Idk personally but the place wear I bought my sw9ve the guy working there carried his and I didn't even see it on him till he said I love this gun this is one of my main guns I carry and he pulled it out I had no idea it was there. But I could of just been oblivious. Idk but that's all I got, hope that helps you out
it does honestly..im new to carrying and well dont want it obvious when i do.as the. The sheeple are well known to get scared at the sight of an armed individual who isn't law enforcement really..so i dont need to be doin my shopping at walmart or payin for gas n get some patron freaking or telling the store employees and hell breakin loose(cops involved,that whole process). so the fact that a sigma is concealable is a relief

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Last edited by REDMIST89; 03-26-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Sigma is the same size as a Glock 19. I carry guns in pairs and I never had any problem carrying them concealed. The trick to successful CCW is to buy a dedicated gun belt and holster combo. A proper gun belt is heavy/stiff enough to support the gun, and a holster that doesn't allow the gun to move in the holster and keep it in place. There's nothing like reaching for your gun, and its not being where you put it to tighten up the sphincter.
I am fond of the ones from Looper Leather, in Oklahoma City. they are kydex inside and leather outside, and they look like a dress belt. The Crossbreed IWB holsters are a favorite as well.

Enemies of the United States:hunt them down, kill them all.War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudo View Post
The Sigma is the same size as a Glock 19. I carry guns in pairs and I never had any problem carrying them concealed. The trick to successful CCW is to buy a dedicated gun belt and holster combo. A proper gun belt is heavy/stiff enough to support the gun, and a holster that doesn't allow the gun to move in the holster and keep it in place. There's nothing like reaching for your gun, and its not being where you put it to tighten up the sphincter.
I am fond of the ones from Looper Leather, in Oklahoma City. they are kydex inside and leather outside, and they look like a dress belt. The Crossbreed IWB holsters are a favorite as well.
thank you,i only plan to carry one so i think i should be ok if i picked up the appropriate holster.

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 03-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Different people can carry different guns. Depends on body type, willingness to dress around your piece, local climate, etc. I believe that 95% of shooters can discretely carry 95% of guns with a barrel of 5" or less...provided they're motivated enough to wear appropriate attire. This is very much a case by case situation.

I sometimes carry a BHP (4.6" barrel) or an XDm45 (4.5" barrel, with a monster grip), but usually I opt for the convenience of a tiny PF9. I'm 6-0, 200lbs, with a slim/athletic build, and spend as much time as possible in jeans or shorts.

I'll bet you can carry that Sigma just fine. The question is, do you want to carry that gun? BTW- There is no wrong answer to that question.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Different people can carry different guns. Depends on body type, willingness to dress around your piece, local climate, etc. I believe that 95% of shooters can discretely carry 95% of guns with a barrel of 5" or less...provided they're motivated enough to wear appropriate attire. This is very much a case by case situation.

I sometimes carry a BHP (4.6" barrel) or an XDm45 (4.5" barrel, with a monster grip), but usually I opt for the convenience of a tiny PF9. I'm 6-0, 200lbs, with a slim/athletic build, and spend as much time as possible in jeans or shorts.

I'll bet you can carry that Sigma just fine. The question is, do you want to carry that gun? BTW- There is no wrong answer to that question.
im a 140lb/6ft slim/athletic build guy who wears baggier clothes as is(no not gangsta pants half way down my ass baggy)..so really conceivably i should be fine. and i do because,im aware its not a H&K or glock,or some 800+ $ gun but in shooting it,cleaning it etc ive gotten used to it n think itd serve me well in a situation. id like a GLOCK or a walther p99 because i love how they look,but dont wanna drop that much on a hand gun when i got my cars lol

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 03-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #8

Liked 724 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 232

One of the most popular carry guns is a Colt 1911. They are certainly big. Everyone is different they is no wrong answer. I open carry 90% of the time.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #9

How comfortable of a carry is a sw9ve does anyone happen to know? Cause I have thought about carrying and taking the coarse but never done it. And I keep wondering if it would just be a annoyance or if I wouldnt really notice it there

Old 03-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

You should carry what u are comfortable with.It might take more than one holster purchase thoe.I carry a fullsize xdm45 4.5 mostly.Iwb holster bluejeans t shirt and a cover shirt or jacket.In summer if I'm wearing light shorts and a loose shirt its s&w air weight in a belly band.And it does take time to get comfy with it.