S&W M&P9c OR Kimber Eclipse Ultra II
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > S&W M&P9c OR Kimber Eclipse Ultra II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&W M&P9c OR Kimber Eclipse Ultra II

Alright, I'm stuck between two guns. I've fallen in love with two relatively different firearms for CCW. It would be my first firearm I'd own for concealed carry.

The two I'm stuck between are, as the subject says, are:
Smith & Wesson M&P9c (with safety)
Kimber Eclipse 1911 Ultra Carry II

So I come to you guys for your input. It's 50/50 for me. Which one should I get?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #2

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Don't own, haven't shot or handled either, but S&W is always the best, especially the M&P line! Plus lifetime warranty. Done!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

For carry, S&W. Kimber comes with a little card that says malfunctions are likely until the 500 round break in is completed. Mine still had issues over 1000 until I had a reliability job done. You'd think when you get a 1000 dollar handgun you wouldn't need to have a reliability job done to be sure it would go bang everytime.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
For carry, S&W. Kimber comes with a little card that says malfunctions are likely until the 500 round break in is completed. Mine still had issues over 1000 until I had a reliability job done. You'd think when you get a 1000 dollar handgun you wouldn't need to have a reliability job done to be sure it would go bang everytime.
You're not the first to tell me this. Guess my mind has been made. =) S&W M&P9c here I come!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeceKeeper View Post
You're not the first to tell me this. Guess my mind has been made. =) S&W M&P9c here I come!
I had a Kimber TLE/RL II stainless 1911 Fullsize. After 1500 or so rounds I still had some FTE issues that made me uncomfortable using it as a carry weapon. I want to know that when I pull the trigger whether it be once, or 10 times it will go bang. S&W just makes good quality weapons in my opinion. The thing that really irked me about Kimber though, was that the reason they cost so much is that they were all "Kimber Custom" weapons in the beginning. Now they maintain that price point, however they are mass produced just like any other handgun these days. I replaced mine with the Sig P938 and I love it. The 938 is based on the design of the 1911, and it's a super small 9mm with a 7 + 1 capacity.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #6

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Kimber to show, M&P to go.