s/w 60 ladysmith

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > s/w 60 ladysmith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default s/w 60 ladysmith

I drooled over this little gun in a 357 caliber today andn am interested to know if anyone else out there has used this little gun as a concealed carry? I loved everything about the feel adn quality, but also , if anyone has shot tho\i gun themselves, how 'snappy' is it to shoot with 357 versus 38's? Or as compared to a s/w model 36 38 cal.?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My wife had a Model 60 and she shot it very accurately with .38 +P's. .357 was a bit snappy for her, but she's a petite woman.

There is .357 ammunition manufactured specifically for short barreled handguns. It has less recoil and less flash.

The Model 60/Ladysmith is a fine revolver.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 05-20-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #3

Can order the S/W Lady Smith 357 locally for 629. or is at Bud's for 609. so about the same price after shipping.

I was thinking about laser grips for the gun too, but so far haven't found a price or which ones work best for this gun. So if anybody knows about this stuff , I'm all ears.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

They are now avaialble for your model 60 Ladysmith S&W .357 J-frame.

Crimson Trace Laser Sights For Smith & Wesson | Crimson Trace Lasergrips

Crimson Trace LG-405-P20 Lasergrips Designed For S&W J-Frame Round-Butt Revolvers. Features Chestnut Color Grips and Front Activation

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-20-2011, 03:16 AM   #5
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHawk View Post
I drooled over this little gun in a 357 caliber today andn am interested to know if anyone else out there has used this little gun as a concealed carry? I loved everything about the feel adn quality, but also , if anyone has shot tho\i gun themselves, how 'snappy' is it to shoot with 357 versus 38's? Or as compared to a s/w model 36 38 cal.?
You can shoot 38 special in that pistol so if the 357 is a bit much go to 38 special +P or standard 38 special. I have a 642, it's in the same family of S&W airweights. I CC when the weather gets warm. I've heard nothing but good about the ladysmith.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #6

Default Laser sights

Thank you for the links and advice. It is really appreciated.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #7

Liked 723 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 232

I have some automatics but I always carry my Smith model 37. You will be happy I'm sure with the Smith.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.