Running CCW?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Running CCW?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Running CCW?

I carry almost all the time. However, exercise is very important to work and even for regular stress relief.

How do you carry when you run? I know it may seem silly but, the times you're not expecting violence it can still happen.

I believe in using the gun you have and usually carry a P3AT simply because it is so small I never even consider leaving it behind. I train with it often and am confident with it. But, when I run it is sitting on a shelf or night stand. That isn't going to do me any good at all.

So does anyone do something different. If you've seen the news today the Governor of Texas carries when he runs. He just dropped a coyote that was threatening him and his dog. I figure if he can do it I can.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Get used to running with a backpack, or waistpack to carry your firearm, if running outside distances and you want to carry.

The small addition of weight will hardly be noticeable, but will help in conditioning in the long run. You can even add a water bottle if you like.

Soldiers/hikers hump rucks all the time, they are heavier, but they carry more "stuff."

But then your forum name sounds like you may be familiar with this already.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #3

Liked 1802 Times on 1003 Posts
Likes Given: 1177

I am a bicyclist. But I use a gym in the winter. I wear Nike sweats with pockets. I carry my J frame in a pocket holster. When on the bike I carry the J frame in a bag under the seat.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #4

Texas gov. shoots, kills 'wily' coyote during jog - Yahoo! News

this guy carries while he runs!!

I work out at a gym and I just take my backpack along with me. I work out at 2330 so even though its a "nice" town I'm certainly not taking any chances

Old 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Try a belly band holster.

Belly Band Concealment Holster - Ace Case

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Another thing, I don't know about ya'll, but I tend to sweat when I run, and wear lightweight clothing, especially outside in Oklahoma, so no holster of any kind will be comfortable with all the moving I do.

Plus, I do not have to worry about printing or concealment.....when the shirt comes off.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #7

I do usually wear the lightest clothing I can. The belly band is an interesting concept and I might look into it further. However, the waist pack might be more practical for the type of running I do.

Thanks for the quick ideas. Keep them coming I'm not sold on anything yet.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #8

Try something like this...There are MANY types on the market...Your weapon will be readily accessible, but protected from sweat, rain, etc...JMO

Concealed Weapon Fanny Packs

Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves. ~Nietzsche

Old 04-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #9

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Bellyband and P3AT strong side abdomen. No one will ever notice and you just wash it with your other sweaty clothes. It doesn't take long to get use to. Having your gun with you will more than make up any discomfort. I use with running shorts and sleeveless tech shirt as it is very warm here. Also clip my spyderco at the SOB position.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE