Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Running CCW? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/running-ccw-26568/)

Grunt13 04-28-2010 11:25 AM

Running CCW?

I carry almost all the time. However, exercise is very important to work and even for regular stress relief.

How do you carry when you run? I know it may seem silly but, the times you're not expecting violence it can still happen.

I believe in using the gun you have and usually carry a P3AT simply because it is so small I never even consider leaving it behind. I train with it often and am confident with it. But, when I run it is sitting on a shelf or night stand. That isn't going to do me any good at all.

So does anyone do something different. If you've seen the news today the Governor of Texas carries when he runs. He just dropped a coyote that was threatening him and his dog. I figure if he can do it I can.

IGETEVEN 04-28-2010 01:07 PM

Get used to running with a backpack, or waistpack to carry your firearm, if running outside distances and you want to carry.

The small addition of weight will hardly be noticeable, but will help in conditioning in the long run. You can even add a water bottle if you like.

Soldiers/hikers hump rucks all the time, they are heavier, but they carry more "stuff."

But then your forum name sounds like you may be familiar with this already. ;)

Jack

Rick1967 04-28-2010 01:30 PM

I am a bicyclist. But I use a gym in the winter. I wear Nike sweats with pockets. I carry my J frame in a pocket holster. When on the bike I carry the J frame in a bag under the seat.

Jess 04-28-2010 02:14 PM

Texas gov. shoots, kills 'wily' coyote during jog - Yahoo! News

this guy carries while he runs!!

I work out at a gym and I just take my backpack along with me. I work out at 2330 so even though its a "nice" town I'm certainly not taking any chances

Jo da Plumbr 04-28-2010 02:19 PM

Try a belly band holster.

Belly Band Concealment Holster - Ace Case

IGETEVEN 04-28-2010 02:36 PM

Another thing, I don't know about ya'll, but I tend to sweat when I run, and wear lightweight clothing, especially outside in Oklahoma, so no holster of any kind will be comfortable with all the moving I do.

Plus, I do not have to worry about printing or concealment.....when the shirt comes off. :p

Jack

Grunt13 04-28-2010 03:45 PM

I do usually wear the lightest clothing I can. The belly band is an interesting concept and I might look into it further. However, the waist pack might be more practical for the type of running I do.

Thanks for the quick ideas. Keep them coming I'm not sold on anything yet.

First Sgt 04-30-2010 03:31 PM

Try something like this...There are MANY types on the market...Your weapon will be readily accessible, but protected from sweat, rain, etc...JMO

Concealed Weapon Fanny Packs

FAS1 04-30-2010 06:40 PM

Bellyband and P3AT strong side abdomen. No one will ever notice and you just wash it with your other sweaty clothes. It doesn't take long to get use to. Having your gun with you will more than make up any discomfort. I use with running shorts and sleeveless tech shirt as it is very warm here. Also clip my spyderco at the SOB position.