Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (
-   -   Ruger LCP updated (

CipsterX 04-28-2012 10:07 PM

Ruger LCP updated
Have 200 rounds through her with no problems except for the guide rod spring which IMO is too weak for this gun causing the slide to get stuck back when holstered, as well as the spring being too loose fitting around the guide rod.

Just placed an order for a 13lb. Spring set from Wolff Gunsprings and I am sure and or hope it will eliminate these very minor issues that the stock 9lb. spring is giving me. Ruger says its normal I don't think so. lol

Rugers9 04-28-2012 10:48 PM

I know my P89 had this problem sent it on they told me normal I beg to differ but they are the experts.

CipsterX 04-28-2012 11:21 PM

It's not that big a deal I was going to order extra springs anyhow and decided with the heavier gauge ones. I hear rumors that Ruger only used the 9lb was so females would have an easier time racking the slide.?. Sounds kinda sexist to me lol

I also added a BT premium guide rid for this spring set

danf_fl 04-29-2012 09:41 AM

As with any other recoil spring, going too heavy can create other problems.

CipsterX 04-29-2012 11:04 AM

Well the LCP already has problems that are minor that I want fixed. The slide sticking back and the scoring on the guide rod and excessive peening causing the stock spring to overcome it.

Ruger says its normal and that's fine but the Wolff spring kit and BT guide rod eliminate these minor issues without damaging the frame in fact they help with recoil and cycling. The cost was $13 for the spring and the new rod was $20 dollars.

I hear Ruger will send out new springs and guide rods for nothing but I just want a guide rod that will last longer and made with better material as well as a stronger spring.

This guy is having the same problem as me and Ruger says its normal

The wolff spring corrects this on all LCP's

Check out this video on YouTube:

CipsterX 05-07-2012 11:51 PM

Just got my Wolff 13lb recoil springs in the mail today and my BT guide rod in on the way I'm going to install them together.

CipsterX 05-15-2012 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 45890

New 13lb spring kit and bt guide rod

Rugers9 05-15-2012 03:08 PM

Might have to try this on my P89

CipsterX 05-15-2012 11:13 PM

Both are excellent products both from PA.

danolator 05-16-2012 12:32 AM

My LCP has performed well after the first couple boxes of rounds, but I noticed the spring was beginning to overlap the blunt end of the guide rod while cleaning it? Is this what you are talking about? Ruger should fix that issue if it's defective.