Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT, or North American Guardian? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT, or North American Guardian?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 02:29 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot228 View Post
June Kahr is going to start shipping there new P380 smaller than the Kel-Tec and Taurus will also be shipping there .380 also.
It won't matter. You can't hardly find .380 ammo these days.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Yep ,get something you can find ammo for.......22 rimfire?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just for kicks, thought I'd go find me some .380 ammo yesterday since I happen to have several 380's... I went to:

3 Wal Marts= 0 ammo
2 Academy = 2 boxes Winchester FMJ
1 Bass Pro = 0 ammo
1 Cabela's = 1 box Wolf FMJ 1 box Cor Bon
4 Local Shops= 0 ammo

That's it! ELEVEN stores, and I came home with only 4 boxes of .380's. The prices sucked too. Academy 9.40 per box, Cabelas Wolf was 9.30 per box and 24.70 for 20 rounds of CorBon.

I added these to my collection of 18 boxes I already had in storage. NO MORE 380's for me!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

While Kahr are good guns, the kahr is only .3" shorter than the Ruger LCP & has msrp 2.3 times that of the LCP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot228 View Post
June Kahr is going to start shipping there new P380 smaller than the Kel-Tec and Taurus will also be shipping there .380 also.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I guess what's irritating is that, the fact that the 380 has always been considered the armpit of handhuns. As a kid, I was embarrased to let anyone know I had a 380. I'd tell em' it's my moms gun... .22's were the plinkers of choice. I have several 380's. A CZ83, a Makarov, and a Kel Tec P3AT. They serve their purpose well. And, they "used" to be CHEAP to plink. NOT ANY MORE....

Old 04-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #16

Default Makarov if I may...

I'd like to suggest something ENTIRELY different. I have a Makarov IJ70-18A (9x18) for my daily carry. It fires flawlessly, and eats everything I put in it. I once pulled a half eaten McDonalds hamburger out of the trash, and put it in the magazine...it fired that too!!! The ammo is cheap, and it's easy to carry in the waist band, but isn't as light as the others mentioned. It's almost exactly the same size and shape as the Walther PP. Try one out, I think you'll like it!

IJ70-18A Makarov (9x18) You have to pull the trigger in Russian, or it won't fire!

Old 04-24-2009, 03:14 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, I went by a local shop to see if they had one of my options and saw this and fell in lust. Can't get much futher from a pocket gun than that.

p4230009.jpg  

Old 04-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
I'd like to suggest something ENTIRELY different. I have a Makarov IJ70-18A (9x18) for my daily carry. It fires flawlessly, and eats everything I put in it. I once pulled a half eaten McDonalds hamburger out of the trash, and put it in the magazine...it fired that too!!! The ammo is cheap, and it's easy to carry in the waist band, but isn't as light as the others mentioned. It's almost exactly the same size and shape as the Walther PP. Try one out, I think you'll like it!
I have an old Makarov. Yeah, it eats everyting... and barks everytime. I don't carry it though. It's in my truck.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not much of a concensus. I guess I'll take whichever one I can find first.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #20

I own a Ruger LCP and it has become my closest friend. It goes everywhere with me. I have bigger friends, but they are not always with me, simply because there are times I want total concealability. I looked at the Kel-tec but the machining was not quite as fine as the LCP. I will admit that while shooting the little sucker you need to hold on tight... I have felt it slip a few times. All in all I am very happy with the LCP. The extra mag I carry with it is also very small and concealable.
Remember, the first rule in a gun fight, is to have a gun!

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."
- GEORGE WASHINGTON (from his Farewell Address, 1796) .