Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ruger lcp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Cool. I put money down on one so that when my permits come in I can carry in Utah compliant states. Delaware and Pennsylvania being the two I frequent. I have heard great reviews but haven't shot one yet. I rented the sig p238, shot like a dream, but I can't lay down that kind of money right now. So, the lcp is going to be my little friend. trying to decide what to pick up my girlfriend. Any body have any ideas?

Old 07-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #12

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6910

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPenn856 View Post
Cool. I put money down on one so that when my permits come in I can carry in Utah compliant states. Delaware and Pennsylvania being the two I frequent. I have heard great reviews but haven't shot one yet. I rented the sig p238, shot like a dream, but I can't lay down that kind of money right now. So, the lcp is going to be my little friend. trying to decide what to pick up my girlfriend. Any body have any ideas?
I have a Sig P238. Yeah, it was pricey but a great gun. I liked the Ruger LCP pretty well, too. Just liked the Sig a little better. I think you'll be happy with it.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #13

Liked 3677 Times on 1813 Posts
Likes Given: 1002

LCR = Toooooooo Small = Bad Trigger =Sub Caliber

LC9 = Toooooooo Large = Bad Trigger = Service Caliber

CM9 by Kahr = Juuuuuuust Right = Great Trigger= Service Caliber

JMHO

Tack

Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #14

Liked 33 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 75

I carry my LCP when I need to conceal or it is just too damn hot to carry something heavier.

Over 500 rounds through mine of various brands of FMJ and HP ammo without problems. Last time out I put 75 rounds through it.

I have an Ace pocket holster and a Fobus paddle holster for different carry options.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #15

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
I carry my LCP when I need to conceal or it is just too damn hot to carry something heavier.

Over 500 rounds through mine of various brands of FMJ and HP ammo without problems. Last time out I put 75 rounds through it.

I have an Ace pocket holster and a Fobus paddle holster for different carry options.
Remora holster for summer wear, as I am constantly in cargo or basketball shorts.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #16

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6910

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Remora holster for summer wear, as I am constantly in cargo or basketball shorts.
My Sig P238 is in a Remora holster, too.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #17

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I carry the LCP in my car because I can easily slip it into my pocket whenever I need to. Have an IWB holster for summertime shorts & T. But most of the time, I find my G19 Gen4 to be just as comfortable and way more reliable if needed For me it's Glock for the hood and LCP for the opera.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #18

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have been looking at the sub sized 380's for a while and ended up picking a taurus tcp 380. Way better trigger, smooth with no stacking, 10.2 oz handgun weight. But the same basic size as other micro 380's. Also shoots very well for a micro pistol. I bought the FS model that can be bought for 195 bucks retail. Packerized steel slide. Wet the slide in breakfree clp under a heat lamp, it will soak in to the metal and it should not rust any amount with basic up keep. Did this with a KT pf-9 and carried it at work for 2 1/2 years. taurus also make the tcp in ss, black finished ss and titanium.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
I have been looking at the sub sized 380's for a while and ended up picking a taurus tcp 380. Way better trigger, smooth with no stacking, 10.2 oz handgun weight. But the same basic size as other micro 380's. Also shoots very well for a micro pistol. I bought the FS model that can be bought for 195 bucks retail. Packerized steel slide. Wet the slide in breakfree clp under a heat lamp, it will soak in to the metal and it should not rust any amount with basic up keep. Did this with a KT pf-9 and carried it at work for 2 1/2 years. taurus also make the tcp in ss, black finished ss and titanium.
I looked it up. It actually is a nice looking gun. Where do you carry it usually? Is it good in the pocket?

Old 07-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #20

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have times when going out where I dress a bit better wearing thiner slacks and my kahr cm9 is a bit wide and heavy enought that it does show in my front pocket. Thats wear the tcp will go to in place of the kahr at times. But not often. The tcp just seems to not show up in my pants front pocket. But the ruger and kt are like that too. The size is very close to the size of the ruger or the kt but the shape to me feels better in my hand. May not to others. Triggers way better. It seems to be one of the small 380's that has fewer issues and they all can have some. Mags need to be for that up dated model but they just seem to have less problems than other. The price was a suprise as most you see are priced like ruger ans kt at around 245 to 250. Being a mat finish steel I treated it like the KT pf-9 i had . Wet down well with breakfree clp and set under a metal desk lamp set real close and let the slide get hot and soak in the oil. I will do that twice. It seemed to work in the past for me as I worked constrution and the KT I had never showed signs of any rust in 2 1/2 years of sweating on it. So for 185 bucks for the FS model I just have to give it a chance.

Last edited by hardluk1; 07-05-2012 at 12:38 AM.