ruger lc9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ruger lc9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 388 Times on 224 Posts

Default ruger lc9

I was looking for a concealed carry pistol and I liked the size of the lc9. I'm a huge fan of both ruger AND glock, but felt the glock 26 slide was a bit wide for deep concealment. I'm not a big guy (5'8" 150lbs) so I need something small with the lowest caliber in 9mm. I know some of the .380s are tiny but I won't carry anything less than 9mm. Thoughts on the lc9? Anyone own one? Are they finicky with certain ammo? Much appreciated fellas.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #2

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

I had one for about a year great gun, conceals easy and shoots everything.

Sold it to my brother and he likes it as well.

Only drawback is some people don't care for the really long trigger pull and the thumb safety.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2803 Times on 1633 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

I own an LC9, I carry it regularly, I like it's concealability and feel in my hand after adding a little bit of rubber grip material to it.

It is definitely NOT my favorite gun to shoot at the range, but that is not it's role. I choose to pocket carry it in a Desantis Nemesis holster, I highly recommend this holster.

I do recommend the LC9, it has been a reliable CC gun, I probably have about 250 - 300 rounds of FMJ, JHP & Hornady Critical Duty +p ammo thru it, so far.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Glockluster Likes This 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #4

Liked 388 Times on 224 Posts

Yeah it does have a really long trigger pull from what I've seen in reviews.I'm not worried about fun at the range when it comes to a ccw pistol. All good info and thanks! Wish I could test one out before buying it though. I'd like to see how I shoot with the long trigger pull and snappy recoil.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2034 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 392

That long trigger pull does not mean jack squat in a SD situation. The adrenaline takes care of that

Old 10-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #6

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Have you looked into the Beretta Nano?It's kind of like a skinny Glock,has a decent trigger ,lightweight and thin ,and conceals great.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

LC9 is a great conceal carry option! It eats whatever you feed it, the trigger pull is smooth, the gun feels solid, and in a pocket holster it weighs less than my wallet. I love it.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 10-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3163 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando
I was looking for a concealed carry pistol and I liked the size of the lc9. I'm a huge fan of both ruger AND glock, but felt the glock 26 slide was a bit wide for deep concealment. I'm not a big guy (5'8" 150lbs) so I need something small with the lowest caliber in 9mm. I know some of the .380s are tiny but I won't carry anything less than 9mm. Thoughts on the lc9? Anyone own one? Are they finicky with certain ammo? Much appreciated fellas.
I've had my LC9 since last April, with about 1100 rounds through it(practice makes perfect). Very accurate at 10 Yds and in....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I've had my LC9 since last April, with about 1100 rounds through it(practice makes perfect). Very accurate at 10 Yds and in....
It's definitely accurate. I'd trust it out to 25. I can keep most of my rounds inside the kill ring on a Denton Qualification silhouette at 25 yards. That's less than a 12 inch spread.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 10-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #10

Liked 282 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My wife and father in law both carry Lc9's. Im not a big fan of lightweight and small frame firearms, but the Lc9 is small and lightweight and my wife carries it everywhere so it is one of my favorite firearms that we own. It will do what its intended to do and firing it isnt bad at all.

forumrunner_20131016_040846.jpg