Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ruger LC9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ruger LC9

Anyone here had any experience with these? Ive got plenty of high caliber firearms, but all have same problem, large and heavy. Looking for a good compact 9mm. Leaning towards LC9 but looking for opinions.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertech1158
Anyone here had any experience with these? Ive got plenty of high caliber firearms, but all have same problem, large and heavy. Looking for a good compact 9mm. Leaning towards LC9 but looking for opinions.
My buddy has the lc9, I fired about 20 rounds outta it. It has a really smooth trigger pull for a long trigger pull. Only downfall was it kicks like a mule. I couldn't hit what I was pointing at. I bet if u get used to the long trigger pull and the kick it would be a nice concealed carry weapon.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

I have one , and it is a short barreled gun so it does have a little kick , I have to believe they have this thing sighted in from the factory for 7 yards because it is right on the money and a 7 shot unload all are within a 3" group 2 of which were touching each other. My wife shoots it great and is very accurate with it also . I shot it at 15 yards and im not near as accurate with it probably a 10" group at best but on a body target they are all still hitting in the damage zone. The trigger is long but smooth and takes a couple mags to get used to but regular practice will keep a person fresh and accurate with it . If we ever get CCW in IL this will be my main CC weapon and well worth the $319 I paid for it . It has eaten every type of ammo I have ran thru it in cluding SD ammo . Just make sure to pick up a couple extra mags as it only comes with one .

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-27-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #4

I have the sr9c but I have carried the lc9 for over a year love this gun small compact, smooth trigger easy to conceal

Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #5

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupe120959 View Post
I have the sr9c but I have carried the lc9 for over a year love this gun small compact, smooth trigger easy to conceal
I have a SR9C too & love it-
I have a close friend who carries the LC9 & loves it

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thank you all of you for your input

Old 03-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I too love me SR9C; I shoot a friend’s LC9 and felt it was too small for my hands. Still a nice pistol. Also had a lot of kick for a small one. My sr9c is not that much bigger and fits my hand much better. It does not kick any were near as much, I can keep a 3inch spread at 20 yards with mine, I could not come close to that with his LC9. Now I don’t shoot his as much so that’s not an entirely fair response. Good luck

Old 03-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #8

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I love my little LC9. Yeah I cant shoot a 1" group at 50 yards with it but that is not what it is supposed to do. It is a ccw ment for close up and personal. It is great for that. Everyone says it kicks so bad but I really dont think its that bad. It does try to rise up but I wouldnt realy call it a kick. I usually carry mine with the flush fit mag in a Tommy Theis IWB holster and it just disappears even under a light t-shirt. The only time I have ever had a problem with it was a few FTF when we were out at the outdoor range during one of the worse dust storms Iv ever seen here in west TX. That day my CZ was the only gun that didnt have a problem out of the 6 pistols me and my friends had between us.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #9

I love my lc9. I'll agree with the previous posts - understand that it isn't a plinker and it won't drive nails from 25 yards. I have had range sessions going through 100 rounds of Winchester white box but that is my limit - mostly bc of $ not soreness in my hand.

I will say don't be discouraged the first time you rapid fire the LC9. Even after amble trigger time I seem to jerk the long double action one way or another every once and a while. Practice makes perfect and 9mm is reasonably cheap to practice with.

It fits the role I intended to - a concealed weapon that goes in my front pocket Everywhere. The desantis nemesis holster In a pair of khakis or cargo shorts with a sturdy belt and you'll be one well protected, happy camper.

-- check out some of my other posts (I don't want to type it all again... I have some pics And I compare the lc9 to the Kel Tec PF9 (from an amateur's view)

Old 03-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 750 Times on 346 Posts
Likes Given: 361

I have an LC9 and carry it everyday its a great little gun!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.