The Right to Keep and Bear Arms - CCW Explanation
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > The Right to Keep and Bear Arms - CCW Explanation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default The Right to Keep and Bear Arms - CCW Explanation

I put this video together for the purpose of informing my friends, family and others why I choose to exercise my right to keep, and bear, arms. It is a concept that seems strange, foreign and even a bit weird to people who have never thought through the issues carefully.

How have you helped people understand your position on the Second Amendment? What have you found to be the most helpful way to move a conversation in a positive direction when these issues come up?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #2

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I explain to them that it isn't only a gun thing, its a freedom that is guaranteed to us just like the first amendment. You don't have to love guns to love freedom.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 08-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Do you enjoy your life? Do you love your family? Isn't it your responsibility to protect them? What if you don't have a gun and the other guy does? Are you anti-gun enough to watch your child die???

That usually makes them think quite a bit.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #4

Luk 22:36 Then said he(Jesus) unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Swords were not used to clean fish or to cut rope.It was for self-defense. Jesus thought it important enough that He told the disciples to in terms of today "carry".

Another example is Peter in the Garden when he cuts the ear off of one of the servants of the high priest that comes to arrest Jesus. Jesus told Peter---Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Notice Jesus didn't tell peter to throw away his sword,Jesus told peter to sheath his sword..in todays terms Holster your weapon...
Pacifists often quote that passage in support of their position but it doesnt work.Jesus was saying if you go around solving all your problems with a sword(gun) then you will end up dieing by a sword(gun)..makes perfect sense.

Pacifists will site the passage about turning the other cheek but don't understand that in the 1st Century what Jesus meant was if you are "insulted" take it and turn the other cheek. In no way does Jesus mean take a fatal beating. I do not find anywhere in scripture where it teaches our lives are not worth preserving nor the lives of the innocent..Quite the opposite...

anyhow thought id put my two cents in..Enjoyed your video..God bless your minisrty...

Old 08-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #5

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I tell people about the three, count 'em, 3 circumstances in which my possession of a firearm likely saved me and/or my family from death or serious injury. The first was a home invasion at 3 AM, the second was an attempted mugging, and the third was a former close friend who had gone insane (literally -- he was institutionalized) and was heard saying, "I'd go over and kill him [me] and his wife, but I know that he's always armed." In every instance, the mere fact that I HAD a gun ended the threat.

Then I ask people, "If you can absolutely guarantee that I'll never need my gun again, I'll give it up. Can you?"

The only answer I've ever received was silence. That's in person and on the Internet.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-30-2012, 01:11 AM   #6

Amen, thanks for sharing.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #7

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Going beyond our God-given right to self defense, I try to make the point that how can anyone expect to transfer the responsibility of their own safety, and that of their family, to someone else? How can anyone justify in their own mind that it becomes someone else's obligation to provide for their safety and security?

Courts have upheld repeatedly that it is not the responsibility of the police to prevent crime from happening. So on whom does it fall to mount a defense? As the jingle goes, "Who ya gonna call?"

I also like the wolf/sheep/sheep dog analogy, but that's usually too long to work into a casual conversation...

Good setup - very similar to mine. I carry an XD-40 service in the CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe that you referenced, and in the warmer months when in shorts and T-shirts I transition to an LCP in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. I have Talon Grips on both firearms, although I prefer the rubberized texture finish. I use Speer Gold Dots in the XD and FMJ in the LCP.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 08-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

As a pastor you might know too that even Jesus' disciples had carried defensive weapons (swords, etc).
I once saved the life of a red-headed, freckled-face girl who was about to be dragged and raped by four black men.
How? By pulling out a S&W snub-nose .38 revolver. Had I had nothing as NYC mandates, that girl would have probably wound up dead.
Dialing 911 would have never worked in time. Especially since that time when we relied solely on telephone booths on street corners.

Last edited by PanBaccha; 08-31-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #9

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

We have to talk about this 9mm being a "powerful" round..lol j/k Nice video.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #10

: )

Tell you what, if you volunteer to take four rounds of Gold Dot JHP 9mm to the chest, and live to tell us about it, I'd like to get your opinion on the 9mm then.