is this right? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > is this right?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I didn't think it was confusing. IMHO, if you were out and about and ran into a Buddy that said, "Hey let's get a beer." I would have no problem unloading my gun, locking the gun in the trunk, and the ammo in the glove box.

At this point, I am no longer carrying, concealed or otherwise.

Now I would drive to where I plan on leaving my car for the night, and park it. I would not enter the car again to get cigarettes or what have you, or decide I could drive home since I only had one beer after all, as I believe being in control of a firearm while under the influence will get you busted in most states, but that has nothing to do with concealed carry.

But, as stated above you need to check on local/state law about leaving the gun in the car. This has nothing to do with if you're in a bar drinking, or 50 miles away in church, this has to do with how your local/state laws require a gun to be transported/stored in your vehicle... do you need a lockable box? can you lock the ammo in the glove box?

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 05-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5811 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDJ77 View Post
Whats confusing about that? you dudes never went out and then someone came up with a plan to go get a few drinks?? i guess the politically correct thing to do is not have the drinks but if im not driving and my gun is secured away from me i thought that would be fine.
i fail to see what alcohol has to do with hanging out with friends.

if your buds are mocking you for not drinking adult beverages you need better friends.

think about this:

your headed home regardless of who is driving something happens the police get involved a search of your vehicle occurs all of a sudden you intoxicated with a firearm. its a MUCH more difficult climb out of trouble when you mix firearms and alcohol regardless of where the firearm is in you car and how many pieces it is in.

my opinion dont drink if you got one in possession.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-30-2011, 03:50 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

In Iowa it is legal to drink and carry untill you reach .08 blood level. Only then will you be in trouble.

HAVE FUN