is this right?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > is this right?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default is this right?

This may hve been adressed already but i just want to be sure. Lets say i go out with my firearm, and end up having some drinks later unintended. should i unload it and place the gun in the trunk and keep the mags in the car? or should i do that plus field strip?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-28-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

To rephrase the question:
Would you be willing to drive with a couple of drinks?
One should not operate equipment when they are under the influence. Whether parking a car or unloading a firearm. Put it away and call a taxi.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #3

I never said i would be driving. I wouldnt want to have it on me even if I wasn't driving. And that wasn't the question

Old 05-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #4

Liked 430 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 1266

in california your not aloud to carry into bars or liquer stores and from what i understand you are not supposed to drink while carrying concealed i no longer drink so i really have not looked into it more.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:19 AM   #5

Liked 1181 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Local laws come into play. It's not a black and white question, like many firearm laws.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 05-28-2011, 04:27 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In my opinion, yes!

Old 05-28-2011, 04:44 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A fair question and some have already answered where you can CC. I'm a bit stumbled by the unintended drinking? I look at your profile before I posted but there is no information to express age. I have to assume that you are over 21 as you are drinking and CC.

My simple tought if you "unintended drink", your ability to make good choices is poor. I know when I'm going to have drink, it never was surprise. Bottom line if you are CC and LEO's get involved and you have been drinking it will be the last day you CC. Worse yet if you use your firearm while you have been drinking (right or wrong) your going to have a huge legal battle in front of you. unintional drinking confuses me.. how does that hapeen?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:58 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9204 Times on 3971 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

I am also at a loss over the term "unintended drinking". Unplanned, perhaps.

Bottom line- you do not drink while you are carrying. Here in VA, that is state law. Other places, it is common sense. Field stripping is rather extreme. Unload, lock in trunk. Of course, that means you have just chosen to leave your piece there until you come back the next day after cab ride home.

Have been asked to have a beer when I was carrying. Answer is "I'd love to have a drink with you- Diet Pepsi, no ice, please." If asked why no beer, I just tell them that I am performing brain surgery in about an hour.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #9

Whats confusing about that? you dudes never went out and then someone came up with a plan to go get a few drinks?? i guess the politically correct thing to do is not have the drinks but if im not driving and my gun is secured away from me i thought that would be fine.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #10
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2180 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I am also at a loss over the term "unintended drinking". Unplanned, perhaps.

Bottom line- you do not drink while you are carrying. Here in VA, that is state law. Other places, it is common sense. Field stripping is rather extreme. Unload, lock in trunk. Of course, that means you have just chosen to leave your piece there until you come back the next day after cab ride home.

Have been asked to have a beer when I was carrying. Answer is "I'd love to have a drink with you- Diet Pepsi, no ice, please." If asked why no beer, I just tell them that I am performing brain surgery in about an hour.
Would that be a Cerebral Rectalectomy?

I absolutely do not drink if I am driving or carrying. Any alcohol will be considered as an impairment if it goes to court.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.