Revolver carry. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Revolver carry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

In a civilian self defense situation the number of rounds fired is on avg 1.7.
Thats One-point-seven.

Most of civilian self defense situations are decided with the first round.
This makes the size of magazines almost irrelevant.

But since the first round is usually decisive, accuracy counts even more than the number above suggests.

Revolvers with their non moving barrel, non moving slides, better balance are inherently more accurate.
In open carry situation I'd much rather have my GP100 on my side than my issue M9, even if I ignore reliability concerns ( truth be told autoloading pistols are so reliable now thats becoming less of an issue)

And with those new spring loaded speedloaders it takes me about 1.5 sec to reload. A magazine reload takes about the same.

I think the main thing driving people to the the "MUST HAVE 15 RDS +" crazy is that we all grew up with movies that are full of heros having running battles and magically always hitting.

So somehow many dont worry about accuracy anymore.

I am a revolver guy because I realize a handgun is a handgun no more no less, and I do not attempt making it a mini AR
Now if you are defending your home against hordes of Mutant Zombie Bikers then it wont be enough, but a handgun is out of place then anyway and thats what the AR15 is for.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Last edited by bluez; 07-05-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #32
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7404 Times on 4451 Posts
Likes Given: 9165

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysarmed View Post
So I was recently given a little heck from a couple of guys for carrying a revolver one guy even asked if I was going to shoot cans of fence post, like the cowboys.

I then informed them that I picked a revolver because I feel that the fact that I don't have tworry about failure to eject or feed or a magazine malfunction makes the gun more reliable. And he said yea but you only have 6 shots.

So I guess his whole point was that capacity is more important than reliability??? I'm really starting to wonder about people?
I would absolutely carry a revolver. Someone on this forum that we all know and admire carries a LCR in his pocket. My HD gun is my Ruger GP 100.

And revolvers are not old guns past their prime and outdated. They are classic, reliable beauties.
readygirl Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysarmed
So I was recently given a little heck from a couple of guys for carrying a revolver one guy even asked if I was going to shoot cans of fence post, like the cowboys.

I then informed them that I picked a revolver because I feel that the fact that I don't have tworry about failure to eject or feed or a magazine malfunction makes the gun more reliable. And he said yea but you only have 6 shots.

So I guess his whole point was that capacity is more important than reliability??? I'm really starting to wonder about people?
I agree totally with your reasoning. A revolver removes any possibility of misfire. When the bad guy is getting ready to stick you with his knife you certainly don't want to hear "CLICK"