Revolver carry. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Revolver carry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
Revolvers can fail as well autos. 6 shots, or 5 shots is NOT guaranteed. Ever.

Don't get me wrong, I love my revolvers. But, given the fact a Glock 26 has twice [roughly] the ammo capacity of a similar sized .38/.357 revolver...
...I'll take an auto every day of the week and twice on Sunday over a revolver.

To paraphrase an overused internets saying: "I've never heard anybody complain about having too much ammo."
Yes but I think everyone's point here is that, in the event of a revolver jamming,not here is less to do to get bacon the fight, vs a semi, where you have to observe, tap, rack, bang, or eject the magazine, clear the obstruction, reinsert the magazine, rack the slide, bang.

Revolver: trigger pull, *click* ---> pull trigger to try again.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Yes they can but if my revolver does fail I can just squeeze the trigger again and continue to the next round in the cylinder where with and auto u have to clear the problem and chamber another round. So yea you may be able to shot more with a 16 round magazine but it in my opinion is much more likely to jam or something of that nature.

Its not murder if for means of survival

Old 07-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Oh and if a revolver doesn't fire it is almost aways do to a problem with the ammo mainly the primer so if this happens in an auto that round is now seting in the chamber and won't fire therefor needing to be removed. If this happens a critical time where your life is on the line this could very well get you very dead very quick, and I'm in a situation with 16 gas guys there for needing 16 rounds than that is not self defense but a war. And the odds of needing your weapon in the first place are fairly low, need it for multiple people well I don't see it happening any time Soon lol
And like said earlier there is absolutely nothing wrong with either pick but I will stick with my wheel guns the rest of my life or until I find the perfect 1911 and have the cash at hand but that is unlikely as well based off what I want lol

Old 07-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #24

Liked 2190 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 475

The second pull of the trigger only works if it is a failure due to the one round if ammo. If your firing pin decided to chip at that moment, or the pawl or hand that turn the cylinder have failed, you are screwed as well. Internal spring breakage or parts failures do happen. Screws back out, lent or junk fouls the hammer channel.

I've seen these failures, as well as the loss if a barrel off of a Taurus revolver once, while at the range. So any machine can fail.

One can argue about reload speed, and many will say you shouldn't need a reload. But bottom line is no one knows how many rounds they will need for sure. Autos are easier to reload as far as manipulations go.

Again, both are viable platforms. There are weaknesses in both. There are potential advantages in both.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:15 AM   #25

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysarmed View Post
Oh and if a revolver doesn't fire it is almost aways do to a problem with the ammo mainly the primer so if this happens in an auto that round is now seting in the chamber and won't fire therefor needing to be removed. If this happens a critical time where your life is on the line this could very well get you very dead very quick, and I'm in a situation with 16 gas guys there for needing 16 rounds than that is not self defense but a war. And the odds of needing your weapon in the first place are fairly low, need it for multiple people well I don't see it happening any time Soon lol
And like said earlier there is absolutely nothing wrong with either pick but I will stick with my wheel guns the rest of my life or until I find the perfect 1911 and have the cash at hand but that is unlikely as well based off what I want lol
Even if you do find that "perfect 1911", I wouldnt consider it to be reliable, until i had at least 300 trouble free rounds thru it. If you have 2 mags, 150 thru each mag....but thats just me.....

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

That is true but if I feel the odds of that along with the odds of ever needing my weapon in the first place are so low that I have little to worry about. Besides that is not what this started out as anyway. I was only saying that it is more likely u will have an issue from an auto than a revolver. Agreed??

Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #27

Quote:
That is true but if I feel the odds of that along with the odds of ever needing my weapon in the first place are so low that I have little to worry about. Besides that is not what this started out as anyway. I was only saying that it is more likely u will have an issue from an auto than a revolver. Agreed??
Agreed...........

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 07-05-2013, 03:23 AM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl

Even if you do find that "perfect 1911", I wouldnt consider it to be reliable, until i had at least 300 trouble free rounds thru it. If you have 2 mags, 150 thru each mag....but thats just me.....
Yes your so correct, but I Don't think it will ever happen because the only factory 1911 that has even caught my eye was a sig scorpion and even at that I was not ready to drop a $1000 on it lol but I'm just looking for a " only one in the world" type lol

Old 07-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Yes your so correct, but I Don't think it will ever happen because the only factory 1911 that has even caught my eye was a sig scorpion and even at that I was not ready to drop a $1000 on it lol but I'm just looking for a " only one in the world" type lol
I dont know...My BFF Cindy just picked up a Kimber Pro Raptor. After Kimber shopping with her for a while, Some of them are like works of art that go ...BOOM

Old 07-05-2013, 03:53 AM   #30

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Aww the kimber lol let the ews and aws and the oh mommy look at the pretty colors begin lol but seriously though if I gunna drop that kind of cash on something I want to know that no one else will ever have one like it EVER!!! Am I being a little extreme maybe or is it ok for me to want to have things that others can't, who knows ? Maybe I am selfish but I don't care because if I ever find it I will post pics and brag about how I got it and nobody else does and how "you can't touch this" lol