Revolver carry.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Revolver carry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

So I was recently given a little heck from a couple of guys for carrying a revolver one guy even asked if I was going to shoot cans of fence post, like the cowboys.

I then informed them that I picked a revolver because I feel that the fact that I don't have tworry about failure to eject or feed or a magazine malfunction makes the gun more reliable. And he said yea but you only have 6 shots.

So I guess his whole point was that capacity is more important than reliability??? I'm really starting to wonder about people?

Last edited by alwaysarmed; 07-05-2013 at 12:52 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #2

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

generally speaking - unless they were your buddies just giving you a hard time (just being guys...) sounds like these guys giving you hell just simply don't know what they're talking about.

Your response next time should be something to the effect of you chose a revolver because you don't need 15 shots like they do, your marksmanship is judiciously on target and your trigger finger is true. You don't need their wimpy plastic frame firearms with a spray and pray defense strategy.

That should shut them up.

Or rile them even more...depending on how full of themselves they really are.

side note: There's nothing wrong with a polymer firearm - truly - but if they want to turn this into a pissing contest...step up to bat...because there's nothing a 15 round firearm can do that a 6 shot revolver can't aside from a Failure to feed, or having something go wrong internally...

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 07-05-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

They were just a couple of buddies but they were basically saying that revolvers are past their time. I have a feeling that they think that a Glock is they only thing worth havering and if capacity isn't in the 12+ range than you are under gunned lol. I guess I just don't plan on full blown combat anytime soon lol.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:59 AM   #4

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Thats a good reason to like them. I just dont have one that is small enough for CC. But i do keep a few stashed around the house. All parts are at rest, so you can leave them loaded forever, No,,,is it cocked, is there one in..safety on, or safety off, etc...Just pick it up, and start squeezin........
People Like This 
Old 07-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #5

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

To me, there's a few lines of thinking in this:

#1.) You can carry a polymer firearm, be very accurate with it, and have enough rounds to take out several aggressors.

or

#2.) You can carry a revolver, be very accurate with it, and have enough rounds to take out up to 6 aggressors.

All things considered equal - you can't make a wrong choice. Plus, IMO, a nice little Stainless Steel revolver looks 1,000,000 prettier than a square boxy glock.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Readygirl I have a North American arms 22 mag I pocket carry and judge I either open carry or can conceal under the right shirt but I'm 5 10 270 lol

Old 07-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
To me, there's a few lines of thinking in this:

#1.) You can carry a polymer firearm, be very accurate with it, and have enough rounds to take out several aggressors.

or

#2.) You can carry a revolver, be very accurate with it, and have enough rounds to take out up to 6 aggressors.

All things considered equal - you can't make a wrong choice. Plus, IMO, a nice little Stainless Steel revolver looks 1,000,000 prettier than a square boxy glock.
You very right and I see nothing wrong with choosing to do so. But my whole point on the matter is if your firearm jams or something of that nature the time it takes to clear it could very well cost you your life. Oh and I completely agree about the looks between a stainless revolver and an ugly Glock lol.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10276 Times on 4434 Posts
Likes Given: 1629

I carry a S&W Mdl 36. Have 5 shots.

You carry a Glock with an umpteen round magazine. And have a fail-to-extract on the first shot.

So...... I have a 5 shooter. You have a single shot. Now, what was that you were saying?

Advantage to a revolver- there is no question of reliability of a given cartridge FEEDING in a revolver. If it fits in the cylinder, it's good to go.
People Like This 
Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #9

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

For some reason I've never been into revolvers, but in terms of reliability, a revolver does put the mind at ease. As mentioned before, no worrying if one's in the chamber or the safety's on, and no time wasted chambering a round if one isn't already. But sounds like the were just bustin your b***s. Lol

Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #10

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysarmed View Post
Readygirl I have a North American arms 22 mag I pocket carry and judge I either open carry or can conceal under the right shirt but I'm 5 10 270 lol
Around where i live, i am seeing alot more open carry, seems like its usually at grocery stores. But Haven't seen anybody open carry a Judge yet......lol. I bet thats a real attention getter....