Review six SIG .380's
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Review six SIG .380's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Review six SIG .380's

Good article on Sig's P238 series pistols. These are great for Conceal Carry. This might be of interest to anyone considering a CCW firearm now or in the near future. The article goes over the pros of each version to help you choose.

Six Pack of Sigs

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #2

Tried a Sig 380 at the range about a month ago. For such a small caliber and a big gun it kicked like a stinkin mule.

My little Diamondback DB380 may not hold as many rounds, but the recoil on a pistol less than half the size and probably weight of the sig I shot is much better.

Sig may make a good 9mm and up. But from what I shot. They can keep their 380s

Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

All blowback .380s are snappy to shoot so I imagine you shot a P232. The Sig P238 is a locked breech design and shoots very differently from the P232. BTW, no .380 "kicks like a mule" unless you're a very small mule...

Old 05-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
All blowback .380s are snappy to shoot so I imagine you shot a P232. The Sig P238 is a locked breech design and shoots very differently from the P232. BTW, no .380 "kicks like a mule" unless you're a very small mule...
I think the issue with .380 recoil is; #1 the blowback design of most of the pistols, and #2; it has a recoil which I would categorize as being similar to the way a 40S&W feels, not that strong but a similar "snappiness" to it that many find uncomfortable. Funny, but my Browning BDA with a wide, comfortable grip feels worse shooting than my Bersa single stack with a narrow grip--instincts would tell me the BDA should feel much better with its hand-filling grip. It might have something to do with a little arthritis, but the first few shots with my BDA are usually a little painful...

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 05-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #5

I think it's pretty cool that SIG SAUER offers to different models for the .380 caliber. It's a big plus that Sig's P238 has 6 different versions giving a wide variety for the consumer to choose from.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #6

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

The sig p238 is the FINEST .380 on the market. WAY easier to handle than the DB380.

AND, i get them for only $409.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?