Response to No Guns Allowed signs.... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Response to No Guns Allowed signs....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2989 Times on 1557 Posts
Likes Given: 277

About the only place I see signs like this are in bars. This IS Texas, by God! I imagine there are a few places in far left wing Austin that post signs like that but Austin is not really in Texas. Austin exists in some alternate plane that actually folds time and puts San Franciscans in the heart of Texas.

I agree in informing the management of your displeasure and intent to avoid their establishment. If they do not care about your opinion, you know where NOT to do business.

Maybe a bumper sticker that one could affix to the front window of the establishment that reads something like " Attention criminals: Commit your crimes here with out fear of reprisal or armed self defense"

Old 12-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 58

It is just my opinion, but when I see the dinky little no gun signs, I just smile and walk in anyway. My gun is CONCEALED so they never know I have it, and those dinky little signs are not the leagle ones the state of Texas mandates that they put up. So I am not breaking any laws here in Texas, and just carry anyway. Better to be safe than leave it in the car.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
I'll tell you one thing for damn sure, I would be MORE worried looking down the barrel of a 44 mag or 357 mag than any autoloader. People that carry high-powered revolvers are "generally" competent shooters and will most likely take you out in a single shot.

Boom Headshot.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevil1313 View Post
It is just my opinion, but when I see the dinky little no gun signs, I just smile and walk in anyway. My gun is CONCEALED so they never know I have it, and those dinky little signs are not the leagle ones the state of Texas mandates that they put up. So I am not breaking any laws here in Texas, and just carry anyway. Better to be safe than leave it in the car.
last i knew if theres a sign then its a crime, but yea i agree if they cant see it, screw it. i dont think a cashier would get mad at you if you prevented a robbery or saved his life. unless he was liberal

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 12-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #15
Jay

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Check your state's laws on posted places of business. If there's no State law prohibiting carry in a given establishment, then all the owners can do is ask you to leave. If you refuse, it may be trespassing, but that's about it.

NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 12-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

cant tresspassing with a firearm still get you in to alot of trouble though?

Wars begin where u will

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

Old 12-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
Jay

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

In Ohio, you may be right. Indiana code does not mention anything about firearms, relating to trespass.... that I have seen.

NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 12-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #18

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
last i knew if theres a sign then its a crime, but yea i agree if they cant see it, screw it. i dont think a cashier would get mad at you if you prevented a robbery or saved his life. unless he was liberal
Sgt, Truevil is correct in Texas. The law requires a certain sign of a certain size, any incorrectly sized sign isn't legal to keep out ccws.

9x18=Makarov

Old 12-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

nice, now we just need a loophole that allows every legal gun owner to be able to carry without a licence

Wars begin where u will

Old 12-29-2008, 02:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevil1313 View Post
While I agree that I don't like leaving my gun in the truck, in NC if you carry in a place that has a sign, you have just committed a misdemeanor for the first offense. You'll have a firearms related crime on your record, you will probably lose your firearm, you'll lose your permit, which I guarantee you won't get another one, and if you do it again it's a firearms related felony. Is it worth it? Maybe to some, but not to me. I'll go elsewhere. Some states like TN have to include the statute and have specific wording, but in NC just the no weapons symbol is enough, as long as it in an easily readable level on the front door.

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.