Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Reserve the right to refuse service (no gun allowed)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I try not to patronize a business that doesnt allow me to legally protect myself but sometimes have no choice.

The way i see it, if the business owner thinks i dont deserve the right to protect myself then he/she is disrespectful to me even on his/her property. If they ask me to leave then i will and mention that my money will be spent somewhere that supports my 2nd amendment rights.

My company doesnt allow us to carry in company vehicles but i often do. The reason: They often send us to the rough part of town and ill be damned if im gonna be robbed, beaten or killed by some crack head or piece of trash because of a stupid rule.

Keep in mind im a hoosier and here in indiana those stupid signs have no legal weight.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 02-24-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #52

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

then please explain why my philosophy is a "fairy tale" a you put it?

did you even read my posts on this subject or just decide to pick and choose what didn't appeal to you?

my reasoning is based on what i feel is respectful and moral and ethical. you're free to disagree and so be it.

personally i don't give one rat's azz why they post their signs, it is still their right to do so and i will respect taht right even if i disagree with it.
I appreciate your nobility it's commendable. Your comment about people reading these posts, I'm sure bad guys do too.. I like to keep them guessing.. Is he carrying or is he not carrying... Their answer has a 50 percent probability of being right...

Kimber CDPII Custom Shop 45
S&W M&P 9
Ruger LC9
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
S&W 686 Stainless 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Browning Buckmark Plus 22
High Standard Duramatic 101
Baretta 950 c 22 short

jgoertz Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19844 Times on 11268 Posts
Likes Given: 50020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrit56880 View Post
I appreciate your nobility it's commendable. Your comment about people reading these posts, I'm sure bad guys do too.. I like to keep them guessing.. Is he carrying or is he not carrying... Their answer has a 50 percent probability of being right...
and waht does that have to do with this thread? the thread has to with a business or property owners right to prohibit firearms on their property.

and my position is yes they do. a property owner and a business has the right to prohibit guns it they so choose to. some feel that it's okay to disregard their rights because they have the right to carry.

mt simple philosophy as you termed a "fairy tale" is that not that agree with their reasoning but do agree that they are entitled to it and that it needs to be abided by and respected. i chosse to do my business elsewhere that's more gun friendly.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #54

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

then please explain why my philosophy is a "fairy tale" a you put it?

did you even read my posts on this subject or just decide to pick and choose what didn't appeal to you?

my reasoning is based on what i feel is respectful and moral and ethical. you're free to disagree and so be it.

personally i don't give one rat's azz why they post their signs, it is still their right to do so and i will respect taht right even if i disagree with it.
Your philosophy is a fairy tale because those gun free zone signs have gotten innocent people killed in many places.. Too bad the fairy tale had such a bad ending !!!

S&W M&P 9
Ruger LC9
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Baretta 950 c 22 short

Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #55

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i subscribe to a simple philosophy and the way i would want to be treated. that's what it boils down to and that's respect of others peoples and property owners rights. respect.

it's fine and dandy if you go into an establishment carrying and are not found out, and they have a no firearms policy. okay fine and dandy, but in all essence you just disrespected that person or the property owner. you were so selfish and inconsiderate as to feel your right to carry was more important than their rights as a property owner. are we feeling good about ourselves now? it was their property and they had the right to set the rules, but you disregarded them as if it was your property and you had the right to do as you please.

we as gun owners want people and business' to respect our rights, and well it is our right through the 2nd amendment and our states right to carry to be able to protect ourselves. well we need to as gun owners set a higher example for ourselves and respect the rights and wishes of others as well, moreso even when we disagree with their wishes or rules. we have to set the bar for ourselves to a higher standard and show everyone that we are the law abiding citizen and that we care about and respect others rights and wishes.

there are over 45,000 members here on this forum. it's also an open forum to anyone with internet access. this means even those gun hating liberals we dislike so much, those fence sitters, and even many property and business owners can or do frequent these forums. and for some to say they will diregard those rights and wishes and carry is simply saying that as gun owners and people who CC, we don't care what your rights are, we don't care if it's your property, we will do as we wish. well IMO, this sets a bad example for us. want to change these people and property owners minds and ways of thinking? vote with your wallet! do business elsewhere! it's really just that simple.

people who have CC permits and carry have gone through an extensive backgoround check and even moreso than just a person who buys a firearm. lets use this to our advantage and eduacate those other people about that. that we are not a danger and actually an asset for them. think about respect and education instead of just your right to carry.
Very well said sir.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #56

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
i subscribe to a simple philosophy and the way i would want to be treated. that's what it boils down to and that's respect of others peoples and property owners rights. respect.

it's fine and dandy if you go into an establishment carrying and are not found out, and they have a no firearms policy. okay fine and dandy, but in all essence you just disrespected that person or the property owner. you were so selfish and inconsiderate as to feel your right to carry was more important than their rights as a property owner. are we feeling good about ourselves now? it was their property and they had the right to set the rules, but you disregarded them as if it was your property and you had the right to do as you please.

we as gun owners want people and business' to respect our rights, and well it is our right through the 2nd amendment and our states right to carry to be able to protect ourselves. well we need to as gun owners set a higher example for ourselves and respect the rights and wishes of others as well, moreso even when we disagree with their wishes or rules. we have to set the bar for ourselves to a higher standard and show everyone that we are the law abiding citizen and that we care about and respect others rights and wishes.

there are over 45,000 members here on this forum. it's also an open forum to anyone with internet access. this means even those gun hating liberals we dislike so much, those fence sitters, and even many property and business owners can or do frequent these forums. and for some to say they will diregard those rights and wishes and carry is simply saying that as gun owners and people who CC, we don't care what your rights are, we don't care if it's your property, we will do as we wish. well IMO, this sets a bad example for us. want to change these people and property owners minds and ways of thinking? vote with your wallet! do business elsewhere! it's really just that simple.

people who have CC permits and carry have gone through an extensive backgoround check and even moreso than just a person who buys a firearm. lets use this to our advantage and eduacate those other people about that. that we are not a danger and actually an asset for them. think about respect and education instead of just your right to carry.
Have them put up metal detectors so everybody can play by the same rules then...

S&W M&P 9
Ruger LC9
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Baretta 950 c 22 short

Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #57
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19844 Times on 11268 Posts
Likes Given: 50020

Quote:
Your philosophy is a fairy tale because those gun free zone signs have gotten innocent people killed in many places.. Too bad the fairy tale had such a bad ending !!!
well i have this to say. i don't believe in GFZ's and i wouldn't be caught in one. yes they do end badly when some dirtbag looking for his moment of infamy goes on a shooting spree.

my philosophy isn't flawed nor is it a fairy tale. because i won't be there. sorry to say, but it's also not my responsibilty to protect others from the BG's. if people believe that the BG's are going to abide by the rules, then sometimes the sheep will be led to the slaughter. at some point they will wake up realize their are truly evil people in this world and they need to learn how to defend themselves.

i advocate more people getting their CC permits. i advocate eduacation that shows gun owners and those with CC permits as law abiding citizens. i advocate training and practice. i advocate voting with our wallets when someone prohibits firearms. i also advocate respect for their rights even when we disagree with it.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #58

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

well i have this to say. i don't believe in GFZ's and i wouldn't be caught in one. yes they do end badly when some dirtbag looking for his moment of infamy goes on a shooting spree.

my philosophy isn't flawed nor is it a fairy tale. because i won't be there. sorry to say, but it's also not my responsibilty to protect others from the BG's. if people believe that the BG's are going to abide by the rules, then sometimes the sheep will be led to the slaughter. at some point they will wake up realize their are truly evil people in this world and they need to learn how to defend themselves.

i advocate more people getting their CC permits. i advocate eduacation that shows gun owners and those with CC permits as law abiding citizens. i advocate training and practice. i advocate voting with our wallets when someone prohibits firearms. i also advocate respect for their rights even when we disagree with it.
Very nice post Sir, well stated !!!!

S&W M&P 9
Ruger LC9
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Baretta 950 c 22 short

People Like This 
Old 02-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Once in a great while I come across a post online that I feel is worthy of printing and framing. That was one of them. Very well done.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Have them put up metal detectors so everybody can play by the same rules then...
Everybody would not be able to play by the same rules. All of us with implanted medical devices would have to submit to a search. No rule fits everyone.