Reserve the right to refuse service (no gun allowed) - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Reserve the right to refuse service (no gun allowed)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I appreciate the thoughtful comments. I've always thought myself to be very respectful to others. Still, my opinion on CC seems 'old tradition' and maybe stubborn. I believe the 2nd Amend means what it says, word for word. Even 'Conceal Carry' laws are 'wrong headed' in my opinion. CC laws came about as a compromise, a word I hate when it is all one sided! Somehow 'we' firearm owners were snookered into believing this would pacify the left's agenda. In conservative and typically western states it doesn't take a year or more and many hurdles to get your CC permit. However, in some states it is near impossible. The CC laws have become a HUGE infringement. I personally refuse to play the CC game and carry just like I have for many years.

I also have a prediction, for what it's worth. The current gun control push reminds me of the gay movement. How they just keep pushing and gain a little here and there. Consider where we are with that movement over the last 10 years. We are just one more massacre or highly published shooting away from another round. Then another round. Each time we'll lose a little. At some point, firearm owners, to keep them, will be breaking all kinds of laws the left agenda will eventually impose.

Back to the Thread: I will give business where CC is welcome and mind my own business toward the others. However, 'No firearm signs' are an infringement except where a guard or law enforcement is present. And I ask myself 'WHY' do they post such a sign? I'll quit now and hear others thoughts.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #42

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I try to support pro gun business'. If I have a choice I will always spend my money there. But if I have to do business with a place with a sign I will respect their right.
Exactly! You don't have to do business where the management posts signs on their door. .
Conceal & Carry!
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #43
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6787 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaDan View Post

I also have a prediction, for what it's worth. The current gun control push reminds me of the gay movement. How they just keep pushing and gain a little here and there. Consider where we are with that movement over the last 10 years. We are just one more massacre or highly published shooting away from another round. Then another round. Each time we'll lose a little. At some point, firearm owners, to keep them, will be breaking all kinds of laws the left agenda will eventually impose.

i cant resist...

so your saying we are JUST one ccw law from this:

Reserve the right to refuse service (no gun allowed) - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 02-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #44
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i subscribe to a simple philosophy and the way i would want to be treated. that's what it boils down to and that's respect of others peoples and property owners rights. respect.

it's fine and dandy if you go into an establishment carrying and are not found out, and they have a no firearms policy. okay fine and dandy, but in all essence you just disrespected that person or the property owner. you were so selfish and inconsiderate as to feel your right to carry was more important than their rights as a property owner. are we feeling good about ourselves now? it was their property and they had the right to set the rules, but you disregarded them as if it was your property and you had the right to do as you please.

we as gun owners want people and business' to respect our rights, and well it is our right through the 2nd amendment and our states right to carry to be able to protect ourselves. well we need to as gun owners set a higher example for ourselves and respect the rights and wishes of others as well, moreso even when we disagree with their wishes or rules. we have to set the bar for ourselves to a higher standard and show everyone that we are the law abiding citizen and that we care about and respect others rights and wishes.

there are over 45,000 members here on this forum. it's also an open forum to anyone with internet access. this means even those gun hating liberals we dislike so much, those fence sitters, and even many property and business owners can or do frequent these forums. and for some to say they will diregard those rights and wishes and carry is simply saying that as gun owners and people who CC, we don't care what your rights are, we don't care if it's your property, we will do as we wish. well IMO, this sets a bad example for us. want to change these people and property owners minds and ways of thinking? vote with your wallet! do business elsewhere! it's really just that simple.

people who have CC permits and carry have gone through an extensive backgoround check and even moreso than just a person who buys a firearm. lets use this to our advantage and eduacate those other people about that. that we are not a danger and actually an asset for them. think about respect and education instead of just your right to carry.
People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #45

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

I SINCERELY hope we are not one law away from THAT!! Did you see that episode?

BTW moderators, this reminds me, we need a puking smiley......

Old 02-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #46
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 273 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
i subscribe to a simple philosophy and the way i would want to be treated. that's what it boils down to and that's respect of others peoples and property owners rights. respect.

it's fine and dandy if you go into an establishment carrying and are not found out, and they have a no firearms policy. okay fine and dandy, but in all essence you just disrespected that person or the property owner. you were so selfish and inconsiderate as to feel your right to carry was more important than their rights as a property owner. are we feeling good about ourselves now? it was their property and they had the right to set the rules, but you disregarded them as if it was your property and you had the right to do as you please.

we as gun owners want people and business' to respect our rights, and well it is our right through the 2nd amendment and our states right to carry to be able to protect ourselves. well we need to as gun owners set a higher example for ourselves and respect the rights and wishes of others as well, moreso even when we disagree with their wishes or rules. we have to set the bar for ourselves to a higher standard and show everyone that we are the law abiding citizen and that we care about and respect others rights and wishes.

there are over 45,000 members here on this forum. it's also an open forum to anyone with internet access. this means even those gun hating liberals we dislike so much, those fence sitters, and even many property and business owners can or do frequent these forums. and for some to say they will diregard those rights and wishes and carry is simply saying that as gun owners and people who CC, we don't care what your rights are, we don't care if it's your property, we will do as we wish. well IMO, this sets a bad example for us. want to change these people and property owners minds and ways of thinking? vote with your wallet! do business elsewhere! it's really just that simple.

people who have CC permits and carry have gone through an extensive backgoround check and even moreso than just a person who buys a firearm. lets use this to our advantage and eduacate those other people about that. that we are not a danger and actually an asset for them. think about respect and education instead of just your right to carry.
I wish I could give likes on the phone. This deserves a double, and should be carved on stone tablets.
People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #47

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

Your right your philosophy is simple, it's a fairy tale!!!! I wasn't going to reply but You
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
S&W 686 Stainless 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Browning Buckmark Plus 22
High Standard Duramatic 101
Baretta 950 c 22 short

Old 02-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrit56880 View Post
Your right your philosophy is simple, it's a fairy tale!!!! I wasn't going to reply but You
why did you? unless you simply wanted to troll or start an agument!

i didn't see you replying with any information or opposing opinions, just a smart alec remark.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #49

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

why did you? unless you simply wanted to troll or start an agument!

i didn't see you replying with any information or opposing opinions, just a smart alec remark.
What I was going to say ( got cut off) is that in States that the no weapons sign means no more than a piece of toilet paper according to state law, most business owners or corporate stores post the signs for liability reasons... It's CYA to get cheaper insurance..
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
S&W 686 Stainless 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Browning Buckmark Plus 22
High Standard Duramatic 101
Baretta 950 c 22 short

Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrit56880 View Post
What I was going to say ( got cut off) is that in States that the no weapons sign means no more than a piece of toilet paper according to state law, most business owners or corporate stores post the signs for liability reasons... It's CYA to get cheaper insurance..
then please explain why my philosophy is a "fairy tale" a you put it?

did you even read my posts on this subject or just decide to pick and choose what didn't appeal to you?

my reasoning is based on what i feel is respectful and moral and ethical. you're free to disagree and so be it.

personally i don't give one rat's azz why they post their signs, it is still their right to do so and i will respect taht right even if i disagree with it.
jgoertz Likes This