Reserve the right to refuse service (no gun allowed) - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Reserve the right to refuse service (no gun allowed)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Some have expressed my own feelings about posted signs, like JonM and ALFiremedic1. How is it that State law or any other law super cedes our 2nd Amendment? The 2nd Amendment does not restrict - it liberates. I too, for the most part ignore posted signs and take extra care to conceal. Where signs are posted and their is a guard I feel better to not carry. However, I always go back to that Texas woman who had her parents killed in Luby's. She left her firearm in the car. We just don't know when circumstances will create our need to defend.

I have carried for 40 years! Not once have I needed it. To me, that illustrates that law abiding citizens who carry, are reasonably trained, are reasonably 'cool' and not macho make us much safer. I would hope, that when a situation develops where myself and others need protection, I am not the only one carrying.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #32

Liked 1076 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 707

That is a good question: How can a local govt. make a law that is in conflict with one of the rights?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #33

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaDan View Post
Some have expressed my own feelings about posted signs, like JonM and ALFiremedic1. How is it that State law or any other law super cedes our 2nd Amendment? The 2nd Amendment does not restrict - it liberates. I too, for the most part ignore posted signs and take extra care to conceal. Where signs are posted and their is a guard I feel better to not carry. However, I always go back to that Texas woman who had her parents killed in Luby's. She left her firearm in the car. We just don't know when circumstances will create our need to defend.

I have carried for 40 years! Not once have I needed it. To me, that illustrates that law abiding citizens who carry, are reasonably trained, are reasonably 'cool' and not macho make us much safer. I would hope, that when a situation develops where myself and others need protection, I am not the only one carrying.
Understand your feelings & mostly agree- I don't like a sign that tells me i can't do something i know i have the right to do-I hate no smoking signs since i've smoke for 45 yrs ---I hate no pets signs cause i love my dogs --I just honestly can't decide where the line should be drawn? Do my rights trump your rights? - I'd like to think so but i know they don't - If some azzhole says i can't smoke on his property i'll do one of two things, light up anyway or go somewhere else. Now i know carrying a CCW & smoking are apples & oranges but its early for me
Lets get sum coffee

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #34

I don't think it IS like apples and oranges. I think it comes down to this issue; if what you're doing doesn't trample my rights, no issue. If it does, then you shouldn't do that. SO, your smoking may affect me (I may be allergic, documented second-hand smoke issue, ect.), so you shouldn't smoke in a restaurant or store. If you are properly permitted to CC a gun, you are following all the laws, and it doesn't affect me, especially since I don't know about it, so there is no issue. IMHO.

BTW, you're welcome to smoke on my property, just don't throw the butts everywhere......Thank You.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I don't think it IS like apples and oranges. I think it comes down to this issue; if what you're doing doesn't trample my rights, no issue. If it does, then you shouldn't do that. SO, your smoking may affect me (I may be allergic, documented second-hand smoke issue, ect.), so you shouldn't smoke in a restaurant or store. If you are properly permitted to CC a gun, you are following all the laws, and it doesn't affect me, especially since I don't know about it, so there is no issue. IMHO.

BTW, you're welcome to smoke on my property, just don't throw the butts everywhere......Thank You.
I think this is one of those topics we should all just agree to disagree on

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #36

Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Simple solution to places that post no firearms:

File Type: pdf No guns - no money card.pdf (135.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #37

I'm not really disagreeing with you, Hossfly....I felt I was sort of elaborating on what you said.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I'm not really disagreeing with you, Hossfly....I felt I was sort of elaborating on what you said.
No no- didn't think that-
I think its just one of those subjects where you could get 12 in a room & well-- You know the rest

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #39

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

I have not ran in to a no guns allowed sign at all here in south texas but I assume I'd just go to another store if I did see a sign but if that was the only store in town that has what i need im not gonna go to another town and I sure as hell am not disarming myself before I go in there. No one would ever see my gun (most likely). No harm no fou. But i doubt i will ever have this problem where i live. Obviously at government building and what not I so not carry.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Last edited by gearhead396; 02-24-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
I have not ran in to a no guns allowed sign at all here in south texas but I assume I'd just go to another store if I did see a sign but if that was the only store in town that has what i need im not gonna go to another town and I sure as hell am not disarming myself before I go in there. No one would ever see my gun (most likely). No harm no fou. But i doubt i will ever have this problem where i live. Obviously at government building and what not I so not carry.
Only ones i see here in East Texas are the "Without Permit" ones.

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET