Reserve the right to refuse service (no gun allowed) - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Reserve the right to refuse service (no gun allowed)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 980 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 628

@ sirhc......they gave you a fruit basket?? LOL. I would have declined the fruit in favor of an explanation. Which one of their policies were you breaking, and where was said policy, if it is one, posted for shoppers to see? If not a policy, why was the employee so worked up about it?

About supporting pro-gun businesses; how do we know which ones are pro-gun? Here, like I said, there are none of these signs. This thing isn't mentioned much, even though I would say in general NH is pretty pro-gun. We know about USPO, courthouses, schools, ect. Other than that, it's a non-issue.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #22

Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Some places locally are offering discounts if you are a CCP holder. I think that's awesome. There was a news story about it and of course there were some people they interviewed that said they would never go to a place like that because it's unsafe. One lady said that Jesus told her that USUALLY innocent people are killed with guns instead of the bad guy.

I would be fine with being segregated from the anti gunners. Let's see where all the crime is!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #23

Quote:
My personal opinion is that I like to support pro gun businesses. Some places understand how guns work and use it to their advantage. For example, chik-fil-a always gives discounts to public safety here. I asked the manager why, and he explained that when they always have people with guns, police, fire, and EMS there, they have never been robbed. One chik-fil-a decided not to do the same thing, and they were robbed in less then a week of opening. If I HAVE to do business with an establishment who has a sign posted, I still carry, and try to get out as soon as possible.
That manager sounds like he has actually done some thinking. Good for him. Are you actually EMS or something? If so, would that not exclude you from having to follow those signs?

Quote:
One lady said that Jesus told her that USUALLY innocent people are killed with guns instead of the bad guy.
Hmmm. That woman also seems to have done some "thinking". Looks like she still has her head up her ass.

Last edited by clr8ter; 02-23-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #24

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

I am a firefighter/paramedic. We have no LEO creds, so we still do have to act like "regular" people. I could care less about the signs and I carry anyways If I have to do business there.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #25

Good for you. I would have thought your job would carry some weight on this subject.....

Old 02-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Really? Police stations, federal buildings, court houses?
Besides ferderal buildings. Sorry. No post offices. Police departments yea. Court houses are touchy. Check out that link. Oregon law doesn't say municipal courts.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21577 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Willbender are you getting the answers you wanted? it looks like a larger margin of people see fit in respecting the property owners rights as to carrying into their establishment if they have signs posted prohibiting firearms.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #28

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Besides ferderal buildings. Sorry. No post offices. Police departments yea. Court houses are touchy. Check out that link. Oregon law doesn't say municipal courts.
Well, theres one thing for sure-
If its concealed (& stays concealed) there should never be any problems where ever you are
Still i think the owner of any places wishes shud be respected as i'd want mine respected--

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #29
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender

I'd start with the actual statutes rather than someone else's site that tries to interpret the statutes. I think 166.360 subparagraph (4) where they define public building is clear that courts aren't considered public as far as concealed carry laws as it ends with "other than a court facility.".

Real dogs drool!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5625 Times on 2940 Posts
Likes Given: 371

personally i believe no one has the right to strip you of your right to life. "no gun" signs remove your right of self defense.

i only pay any attention to that crapola if metal detectors and several armed security guards are posted at each entrance.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This