Researching ccw's

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Researching ccw's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Researching ccw's

I've been doing a ton of research on pocket pistols....going on utube to check out live reviews, googling etc....I think I've decided on the berretta nano. I just watched a clip of the guy at Berretta taking a nano off the assembly line, degrease all the assembly grease in a tub of mineral spirits, dried it by blowing it out with an air gun and shot 1006 rounds thru it, bone dry (no lube).....not one malfunction....but of course they did skip thru it a little as it would have taken all day, but that video especially, among other reviews and videos sold me. I think the Nano WILL be my first ccw.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well I've changed my mind....went to gander mountain today to check out some of the handguns they have and out of about 10 different guns, including the nano again, I really really like the Springfield XDm9 compact....love the way the gun felt, not very heavy, double stacked magazines, and the extras that come with the gun. Anybody have an XDm9 compact? How do you like it?

Old 01-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #3

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy View Post
Well I've changed my mind....went to gander mountain today to check out some of the handguns they have and out of about 10 different guns, including the nano again, I really really like the Springfield XDm9 compact....love the way the gun felt, not very heavy, double stacked magazines, and the extras that come with the gun. Anybody have an XDm9 compact? How do you like it?
Dont have a compact but you'd be hard pressed to find a better weapon than the Springer XD line

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #4

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
I have the XD9 sub...not the m but they are similar. It is a great little gun. VERY accurate, it groups as well as my 1911's...which is more an indictment on me than the 1911's, but it shoots very well. Easily concealed, comfortable to shoot. I don't think you can go wrong.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Use'd to have a XD9 compact. My son still has one. Great gun. Extremely reliable. My only beef with it was I could just never get used to that spongy trigger. But then that's just me.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've seen a ton of reviews on all sorts od ccw's in the last couple weeks and I'm starting to narrow down my search....thanks for the feedback guys. Anybody else have any feedback on the xdm9? Please....DO share!!!! Thanks again

Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a full size xdm 40, a xd 9, and an xd 45. They are good guns for sure. Can't really help you with the compact models though. I like my compact M&P 40 a lot.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 01-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #8

Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

You have to find what works for you. How you will carry it. Many guys carry midsized pistols. It depends on what you do everday of the year. I carry no full size don't dress up to carry and do physical work so a smaller gun works better for me. Kahrs.