Report or keep quiet??? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Report or keep quiet???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 01:23 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 244 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 170

They could cancel it if he reports you as drawing a weapon on him for no reason, then they take you to jail, then you have to bail yourself out, then you have to get an attorney.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:25 AM   #12

Liked 874 Times on 471 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
I just related this story to my wife to help her understand why I carry whenever legal.

Yeah. My wife laughed at me when I pulled the gun out of the vault before leaving this evening. She thought I was stupid when I rigged the holster up to the bike and said I was overly paranoid. I think she has a different view of it now. ****, I know I do. I was just worried about big German Shepherds.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 06-25-2014, 01:25 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

My training has always taught me to report it, thank goodness haven't had to make that call, most LEO will take a report, no problem, you were on a bike, in middle of no where facing threat of grave aggravated assault that could cause tremendous bodily harm.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:26 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

How about......calling police office and saying a friend of a friend wants me to call to ask you a question........lol

Old 06-25-2014, 01:27 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Funny, I reading that I assumed he was angry at you for riding your bike going with the flow of traffic and aggressively telling you to try the other side. Lol

Anyway, yeah, cover your butt for two reasons. One, you pulled your gun, they could report saying you had no reason and failing to report yourself could be viewed suspiciously. Two, as Axxe pointed out, your help could help protect/save others.

You logical people piss me off but you've all got very valid points I didn't think of really. I'll give them a ring.

People Like This 
Old 06-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

So you are doing the friend of a friend thing huh?

Old 06-25-2014, 01:34 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss View Post
So you are doing the friend of a friend thing huh?

Haha. Yeah. I'll try that first maybe.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #18

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

i was told, that you should immediately report any use of your weapon in defense, whether it was fired or not.

in fact, i assumed it was the law in TX (related to CHL?)? but i could certainly be wrong on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
whether you shot or not, the fact is you did pull the pistol to defend yourself. IMO, yes definately report it and give LE as accurate a description, as possible of the truck, and the guys in the truck.

my reasoning is simple. what it the next person they decide to ambush doesn't have a gun? at least by reporting the incident, LE is looking for these two guys. it may save someone else from being robbed, assaulted or possibly even killed.

Last edited by hawkguy; 06-25-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-25-2014, 02:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i was told, that you should immediately report the any use of your weapon in defense, whether it was fired or not.

in fact, i assumed it was the law in TX (related to CHL?)? but i could certainly be wrong on that.

Well immediately passed by a few hours ago so it'll have to wait until tomorrow between meetings.

I do thank y'all for the input though.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:07 AM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i was told, that you should immediately report the any use of your weapon in defense, whether it was fired or not.

whether it's law or not, may depend on the state you are in and it's firearms law.

IMO, whether it's law or not, IMO it just seems to be the right thing to do. if a person felt justified in pulling a gun in SD, whether it was fired or not seems like reason enough to report the incident.

alternate scenario. (hypothetical), not reported. a couple of days later, there is an article in the paper, two hispanic males, in blue Ford truck assaulted a jogger, robbed her and left her for dead. jogger is unidentified at this time as her ID was taken along with her valuables. she is in intensive care in critical condition. LE is asking for assistance from the community if they have any information on these two perpetrators. please call (XXX)XXX_XXXX with any information you may have on this crime.

that is why i suggest reporting it. CJ was lucky and i'm glad he was armed and no harm came o him and glad he didn't have to use his gun. i also commend him on what seems to me using good judgement and restraint as well. but they may look for a softer target the next time.
People Like This