Rendering Aid to a Victim -- A Twist on the Theme - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Rendering Aid to a Victim -- A Twist on the Theme

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

First off, i do not currently have a permit to carry concealed outside of my car or home where i usually carry.

My beliefs are limited. If i have to watch somebody dressed like a pilgrim get their ass kicked or get shot, i will probably feel bad about it later. That is enough justification for me to step in with whatever i happen to have handy. After all, what are they (the Quaker) going to do, kick my butt?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:24 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I have asked a similar question to several preachers, Bible study leaders/teachers and regular church members like me: Based on the parable of the 'Good Sumaritan" what do you think Jesus would've done (or told his disciples to do) if the priest, Levite and Sumaritan had come upon the robbery/assault while it was being committed?

Many have answered that if it was in their power and ability (including the means) to stop the robbers from continuing to beat the victim without becoming victims themselves that they should certainly have stopped them, that doing otherwise wouldn't be showing any brotherly love for the victim. Some say that they believe the one seeing it happen should go to the closest military post and tell the soldiers (calling for the police today) and some said they don't know.

I could not and would not stand idly by and allow another person to be robbed/raped or assaulted by one or more violent criminals. Whether the individual being victimized was a sheep due to their religious beliefs or not would not matter to me.

It's kind of funny how most sheep are scared of sheepdogs when they aren't being attacked (because they have teeth like the wolves), but are happy to see them when the wolves are after them.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
It's kind of funny how most sheep are scared of sheepdogs when they aren't being attacked (because they have teeth like the wolves), but are happy to see them when the wolves are after them.
To me, it's sad. If we had more Sheepdogs, the wolves wouldn't be so quick to come out and prey.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
What would you do? If a person were were religiously prevented from self-defense, would you come to his aid, or would you view him as making a rational choice in not defending himself?

Thank you,

Josh
Command Briefs: Bible Affirms Our Right to Self-Defense

"In Proverbs 25:26, we read: "A righteous man who falters before the wicked is like a murky spring and a polluted well." Certainly, we would be faltering before the wicked if we chose to be unarmed and unable to resist an assailant who might be threatening our life. In other words, we have no right to hand over our life, which is a gift from God, to the unrighteous. It is a serious mistake to equate a civilized society with one in which the decent people are doormats for the evil to trample on."

"God expects us to defend ourselves, otherwise why would He speak to us through the psalm, "Blessed be the Lord my strength, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle" (Ps. 144:1)"

One does not need to stand for or behind something to stand up for themselves or others, unless one is physically incapable.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 07-24-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #15

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Definitely! If they do not have the desire or the moral commitment to defend their own life or are physically unable to do so; I would intervene.

I have no problem being the sheepdog!!

People get the government they deserve.