Which relative extreme for a defensive loading: penetration or expansion? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Which relative extreme for a defensive loading: penetration or expansion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
Yes, but it answered a shallower question than I asked .
Why not just enlist in the military, an Infantry branch MOS preferred, and find out your queries first hand.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #12

Liked 29 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Why not just enlist in the military, an Infantry branch MOS preferred, and find out your queries first hand.
Probably a bad idea Jack as it may endanger real soldiers. I'd say the interwebz is probably as close as some folks need to get to real experience...

Old 04-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
Yes, but it answered a shallower question than I asked .
I thought that was a well thought out response based real life. You can continue to debate with the ever changing calculation and obscure events or you can go by practical application. The ammo used in the military and by Leo's is a good real life example of what works in most cases. I expect you can debate those choices with a ton of facts you can/will dig up. Best way to get the answer is first hand, all military branches are looking for recruits and many PD are hiring. Please let us know what path you take, we look forward to learning from your first hand expereince.

BTW that 12" picture you have posted a few times is a bit much, pretty hard to put more meat and bone in front of a bullet than that example. Then again I once hit a flying bird with a rock (I was eight years old at the time and felt bad after).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 04-15-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Probably a bad idea Jack as it may endanger real soldiers. I'd say the interwebz is probably as close as some folks need to get to real experience...
LOL! that is epic! So true...

Prescribed Fire is Mother Nature's plastic surgeon.